Using hotwire to book hotel

waterbugohio

a couple months ago someone posted on this board how to tell the hotel on hotwire.

I thought it was a different site that is owned by hotwire. If I remember right you had to transfer the hotel id number to another site and you would get the name of the hotel.

Of course I did not book mark the site. Anyone remember??

a couple months ago someone posted on this board how to tell the hotel on hotwire.

I thought it was a different site that is owned by hotwire. If I remember right you had to transfer the hotel id number to another site and you would get the name of the hotel.

Of course I did not book mark the site. Anyone remember??

I know you can on LMT but the only way I've been able to do this on hotwire is to write down the star rating and the amenities then go back and search booking a vacation package in the same city.

It will give you the names of the hotels and you just have to compare exact location, star rating, and exact amenities.

Does that make sense?

LMT hotels can be deciphered two ways...well actually three.

1)) Look at the pictures and details of the hotel offered and see if you can compare those to hotel websites that you think it could be. SOmetimes you'll see a hotel's trademark on the bedding or even on the front rug on an exterior shot.

2) Use the tourico hotel numbers. See this thread for help on that....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=24818859&posted=1#post24818859

3) The easiest way, for hotels in big cities, is to pretend book the hotel and then add a rental or side trip offered. When they total the amount due, they'll show the hotel's name.

Hotwire hotels can be narrowed down by the area and amenitites. Go to betterbidding.com and find the Florida hotwire hotel lists and compare. SOmetimes there are a couple that have the exact list of amenities. Then you have to take the chance knowing it will be one of those. Some hotels are used more than others. So you can pretty well be assured, but not 100% like on LMT.

Both of the above sites will give you a much better chance of knowing the hotel than priceline....which is pretty much blind. Even the areas are larger than hotwire's. But you CAN see the pl hotel list on the bidding site above to help. PL's deals are most often the lowest of the three sites....IF you know the bidding procedures.

Archived