PetitIon RCCL-On Board Alcohol Package Fleet Wide

monza

We do one Celebrity and at least one RCCL every year. Guess what - we tend to spend LESS at RCCL because they don't offer a decent package than we do on our Celebrity cruises..... That might be something to bear in mind RCCL! By the way I like the option of purchasing a decent NON alocoholic package tooo.

Just booked LOS after many years away from RCI to give another try after a bad 1st time experience. I was surprised to see with the exception of wine - it appears we will not be able to call room service for cabin use beer -or- booze. EVEN sedate Princess has this service with "beer packages/small bottles of liquor" promptly delivered to your cabin.

And - what's with my wife & I having to dublicate an order - just because we are both in the same cabin??? Do I have this right - only I can consume the beer (not my wife) in the same cabin??? does not make sense if this service is not available in the first place. What happens when we go to a bar? - do we each need to place separate drink orders? Is this a "we don't trust issue"- don't understand".

Frankly - from all that I have read, heard - news reports - I expected RCI to be a bit more laid-back on restrictions .. I may have this all wrong - but trying to catch-up on RCI policy/practices .. that does not seem to be the case.

We are really excited about our recent RCI JS hump booking - but ... surely what I'm reading can not be true - is it? Any help appreciated.

Yes this is a great idea!

I had a friend that smuggled on a bottle of Crown and vodka. His wife only had 2 drinks a day from the bar. Bar tab was still over $400 for the two. This makes allinclusive resorts a better deal for them.

They know how it works - have had packages on Celebrity for 3 years now. They are not cheap but good value for both the line and the guests. It isn't like they are having to reinvent the wheel you know.

In the case of RCCL I agree they would have to make everyone in the cabin have one - however leave the option between alcoholic and non alcoholic ones. I don't drink much alcohol but my partner does enjoy a drink or two while on vacation.Offer him the alcoholic and me the a good non alcoholic (with the foos and the coffees) and I couldn't be happier.

• 4 weeks later...
I would love the option! I went on Celebrity last fall and took advantage of the package and loved the convenience. Celebrity is fleet wide and you would think RC should be able to figure it out since they are owned by the same company.

I believe it is about demographics. Celebrity skews older and more 'upscale'. I have a feeling that there would be a worry about to much over-drinking and the problems it causes. I admit that I did not see any problems of excessive drunkeness on Celebrity, so I can't claim that this would cause problems on Royal, but I do know many more 20-somethings travel on Royal so I can understand the fear of a problem.

I didn't buy the package because there was no way I was going to drink $49 worth of Alcohol a day, every day of the cruise (7 nights).

Maybe a compromise would be to only offer it on sailings of 7 days or more. That way, you could be sure that those 3 and 4 night sailings wouldn't turn into drunkfests.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I believe there should at least be a choice in the matter. I have no problem paying the cork fee and bringing my own wine on board for the cabin, but they have taken that away too. I don't mind paying and being "legal" about it, just offer it. Until then, shampbooze is a wonderful thing.

Yes, I believe there should at least be a choice in the matter. I have no problem paying the cork fee and bringing my own wine on board for the cabin, but they have taken that away too. I don't mind paying and being "legal" about it, just offer it. Until then, shampbooze is a wonderful thing.

Typical.

We are cruising in Europe this fall on RCCL and will be taking advantage of this program... not because we'll probably "drink our worth"... In fact RCCL will probably make a lot of money off of us. We are doing it because we know how much to budget and we don't have to worry about anything. I wish they would spread the program throughout the entire fleet.

YES!!!

Not as far as I could tell... it was rather vague and brought up two completely different issues. They seemed to be referring to Carnival's Bon Voyage ordering system that lets you order bottles of alcohol for anywhere from $50-100 per bottle. They also seem to be referring to the all inclusive drink packages (which run about $60/person per day or $120 per room minimum since everyone must participate) on some of the ships with typically older demographics than the caribbean sailings.

WOW, you guys drink that much a day?:eek: I think I will stick with my sole Pina Colada per day.

Nope, no way, Please don't ... There's no way this won't lead to excessive drinking and I don't really like to be around drunks. There's no way this package makes any sense unless you are drinking to excess. :eek:

Archived