PetitIon RCCL-On Board Alcohol Package Fleet Wide

monza

I vote that I don't really care as I don't drink in excess like that! But if there are people that and want to buy into a package then so be it! One thing that amuses me is the people who say the prices is high on the ship per drink must not ever buy drinks at restaurants or bars on land. The prices on board are compatible or cheaper than a lot of places including hotels!

I think this would be a compromise considering they don't officially allow you to bring on your own on board. If they keep the package cost reasonable then that would be a good way to go.

BTW Lets start a petition to allow you to bring on your own alcohol/soda etc.

I would love to have, firstly, the option to purchase a bottle to take to our cabin to enjoy a cocktail on the balcony or while getting ready for dinner. I'm ok if it's a high fee to do so and allow one or two adults in the cabin to have the option to purchase a bottle for the cabin. It's not realisitic to order via room service (very long wait) or bring one back to the cabin (you may not want it right away and a very long walk).

All-inclusive alcohol packages would be great too, but I'd prefer to have my first option if I had only one choice. I think the drinks on board are pretty reasonably priced compared to where I live, so it's not the cost of the drinks I'm worried about but more the convenience. All-inclusive drink packages would just be more convenient, especially if there were no more tickets to sign each time. But I'd want to make sure bartenders and waiters still got their tips.

It is ok for RCI to offer a wine package – but not a beer/spirit package because people would get to drunk? So people who drink wine are a better class of people?

Seriously, if someone wanted to drink that much to “black out” then they would no matter if they had a package or not. I’ve seen many of people in this state of mind – not only at the end of the day but at the beginning as well.

Personally I do not see the difference – if they want to offer a wine package, why would it be such a stretch for them to offer a beer/spirit package. And according to RCI they are already testing this in a few ships.

If I remember correctly they tested out “My Time Dinning” on only a few ships, now it is on almost all of their ships. And according to the poster who did e-mail RCI – sounds like they might be considering this option.

I agree it would be nice if not all adults in the cabin would have to purchase it and if so it would be nice if it included other non-alcohol based drinks.

It would also be nice to be able to purchase bottles either on the ship or on shore to enjoy in your cabin.

For all those who do not like the idea, do not purchase it, I don’t gamble or go to the spa…doesn’t mean those shouldn’t be offered. (I know a little different)

My vote is YES! :cool:

Archived