Magic vs Fantasy

jrm116

• 4 weeks later...
Never been on the Magic but have on the Fantasy. Being newer, I suspect the latter trumps the former in terms of features. Link to my Fantasy video below if you want a feel for the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Loved the tour...thank you....

I am planning a cruise for summer 2012. Stuck between Magic from NYC to Bahamas or 7 nt E. Carrib. on the Fantasy from PC.

We have been on the Wonder so i am somewhat familiar with the layout of that class of ship.

Magic- 7/28/12 for 8 days (NYC)

Fantasy= 7/30/12 for 7 days (PC)

Lots of detail to help you on the Fantasy on my blog, with 1,400 photos of the Fantasy on there.

http://fantasyfantasyholiday2012.blogspot.co.uk/

The Magic is a close twin of the Wonder, with the odd change.

Hi,

I just got back from the Disney Fantasy on Sep 22. We have sailed the Magic, Wonder and now Fantasy. We have two kids a 9yo and a 4 yo.

1) In terms of ship ammenities the Fantasy of course will be better (newer and bigger). Now the ship is so big that it looked very empty all the time. The magic and wonder you could see more crowd around.

2)Kids areas are nice on all ships, just more computers and interactive stuff on the Fantasy.

3) On the Fantasy the adult club section is a ghost town exept when there was a comedy or show at the Tube. I never had the time to go to adult activities on the Magic or Wonder.

Now for the magical part of the cruise.

Hands down Magic and Wonder are the best ships to experience the magic of disney. The shows are way more entertaining on the small ships. On 7 night cruises the Magic and Wonder have the character breakfast where they go around each table and you take pictures with them (to me thats part of the wow factor when the characters go to you and not you wait in line for them)

Pirate night hands down is way way way better on the Magic and Wonder, the party and the closing is absolutely spectalurar on those ships and it was a big dissapointment on the Fantasy.

If you have never been to any of the ships you will probably have a blast on the Fantasy but once you experience the magic of the small ships you will understand the difference.

Hi,

I just got back from the Disney Fantasy on Sep 22. We have sailed the Magic, Wonder and now Fantasy. We have two kids a 9yo and a 4 yo.

1) In terms of ship ammenities the Fantasy of course will be better (newer and bigger). Now the ship is so big that it looked very empty all the time. The magic and wonder you could see more crowd around.

2)Kids areas are nice on all ships, just more computers and interactive stuff on the Fantasy.

3) On the Fantasy the adult club section is a ghost town exept when there was a comedy or show at the Tube. I never had the time to go to adult activities on the Magic or Wonder.

Now for the magical part of the cruise.

Hands down Magic and Wonder are the best ships to experience the magic of disney. The shows are way more entertaining on the small ships. On 7 night cruises the Magic and Wonder have the character breakfast where they go around each table and you take pictures with them (to me thats part of the wow factor when the characters go to you and not you wait in line for them)

Pirate night hands down is way way way better on the Magic and Wonder, the party and the closing is absolutely spectalurar on those ships and it was a big dissapointment on the Fantasy.

If you have never been to any of the ships you will probably have a blast on the Fantasy but once you experience the magic of the small ships you will understand the difference.

Nice review. I haven't sailed the Fantasy but was on the Dream. There were a few things we preferred on the Dream, but overall we preferred the Magic--and the size was a big factor.

Archived