What makes your cruise for you?

Mist_ynight

While talking to some friends that will be joining us on our upcoming cruise we got talking about dinner seating. They were surprised when I mentioned that I love traditional dining and want to sit at the biggest table possible. To me this is what makes my cruise. I enjoy most everything about cruising but it would be a big disappointment to cruise with anyone who wanted to do anytime dining. I'm just curious to know what MAKES your cruise? What is the thing you love most about cruising?

Well, we love having tablemates...we look forward to dinner every night BECAUSE of our dinnertime friends! If we were cruising with a group of our own friends, then MTD might be an option, but that's not usually the case. So, we opt for a large table, too...so we can have someone (other than each other!) to talk with! (We are together all the time...we love each other's company, but having someone else...different conversation, stories, etc... is a nice change!) Plus...tablemates give us something to talk about between ourselves! It's a "win-win" situation!!!

• 3 weeks later...

The peacefulness of being at sea and being disconnected from everything on land!

We like to switch our dining up. If it's the whole family we do MTD, if its just us, we get a big table. We met two of our best friends on a cruise in 2006. We were tablemates, and as we talked, we realized they lived 10 minutes from us (we lived in Atlanta at the time).

We met for dinner the night after we returned home and they have become some of our best friends. We have also cruised together twice since.

Strangely enough... the mid-day naps. We never afford the luxury of naps at home. On a cruise, we go do our excursion early, or breakfast if it's a sea day. Go play hard until 2 or 3pm then come back to our inside cabin & it's so dark and cozy... I get a nice relaxing nap in until it's time to get ready for dinner. (always the late seating).

Getting away from it all - no phones, no newspapers etc. I just love knowing that my DH can't be reached for a whole week (unless of course there is an emergency). If the kids are with us, I love seeing the excitement on their faces as they experience new things. I know many people that say their first cruise was the best, but for me my best cruise was my 20th anniversary cruise followed closely by the first cruise we took the kids on. Our 2nd cruise as a family will be to Alaska in 2013 - a whole new experience for all of us and I can't wait!

Archived