Booked Southern Cruise now advertised as Western ... No notice received from RCI!

I booked a Southern itinerary on Grandeur for April 2012 ... now the website for new bookings lists that sailing as a Western itinerary.

When I log into "My Cruises" the itinerary is still showing the original Southern itinerary.

I'm confused.

I know they can substitute ports ... but did they switch the entire itinerary on me?

I called customer service yesterday and they just said the new booking web site must be wrong ... she even stepped through my search process and verified that she got the same results I had, but assured me that nothing had changed.

As of today, however, the website is still advertising my sailing as a Western route now.

How do I find out what's going on?

please let us know which one it is for the date you are trying to sail. also i notice there a lot of sail date that seem overlap. I think there a typo because they tried to post 2012 and 2013 under that cruise trip. keep an eye on it till last day of full amount is due. I would call once a week or talk to their supervisor to see what the story, so you can find someone who had the answer. that how i would deal with them.

This looks like the itinerary...it's listed pretty much everywhere like that...doubt it's a typo.

SAILING ITINERARY

Date Ports of Call Arv Dep Activity

Sun 01 Apr 2012 Colon, Panama 06:30 PM Boarding

Mon 02 Apr 2012 Cartagena, Colombia 10:30 AM 09:30 PM Docked

Tue 03 Apr 2012 Cruising Cruising

Wed 04 Apr 2012 Kralendijk, Bonaire 08:00 AM 06:00 PM Docked

Thu 05 Apr 2012 Willemstad, Curacao 08:00 AM 09:00 PM Docked

Fri 06 Apr 2012 Oranjestad, Aruba 08:00 AM 06:00 PM Docked

Sat 07 Apr 2012 Cruising Cruising

Sun 08 Apr 2012 Colon, Panama 06:30 AM Departure

I'm booked for April 8th ... my itinerary says Cartagena, Bonaire, Curacao and Aruba ... they are now listing it as Cartegena, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Routan. If I had wanted to visit Jamaica and Grand Cayman again, I would have sailed the Navigator from Ft. Lauderdale that week ... not spent the extra money to fly to Panama to set sail from Colon so I could sail North! That's crazy.

I'm booked for April 8th ... my itinerary says Cartagena, Bonaire, Curacao and Aruba ... they are now listing it as Cartegena, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Routan. If I had wanted to visit Jamaica and Grand Cayman again, I would have sailed the Navigator from Ft. Lauderdale that week ... not spent the extra money to fly to Panama to set sail from Colon so I could sail North! That's crazy.

Don't know where you are seeing that....but I just pulled this just now from Royal:

SAILING ITINERARY

Sun 08 Apr 2012 Colon, Panama 06:30 PM Boarding

Mon 09 Apr 2012 Cartagena, Colombia 10:30 AM 09:30 PM Docked

Tue 10 Apr 2012 Cruising Cruising

Wed 11 Apr 2012 Kralendijk, Bonaire 08:00 AM 06:00 PM Docked

Thu 12 Apr 2012 Willemstad, Curacao 08:00 AM 09:00 PM Docked

Fri 13 Apr 2012 Oranjestad, Aruba 08:00 AM 06:00 PM Docked

Sat 14 Apr 2012 Cruising Cruising

Sun 15 Apr 2012 Colon, Panama 06:30 AM Departure

So it now shows a different itinerary on your booking? Wow that does suck, can you cancel? or have you booked non refundable flights already?

When I run an advanced search, choosing only the Grandeur I get this page:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do?actionType=&promoType=&location=&portOfCall=&eventSource=ship&pageType=AS&dest=&state=NA&port=&duration=&price=&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&cruiseType=CO&ship=GR&&exp=true

and when I scroll down to my sailing, it still lists a Western itinerary.

Yes, my flights are booked.

When I run an advanced search, choosing only the Grandeur I get this page:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do?actionType=&promoType=&location=&portOfCall=&eventSource=ship&pageType=AS&dest=&state=NA&port=&duration=&price=&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&cruiseType=CO&ship=GR&&exp=true

and when I scroll down to my sailing, it still lists a Western itinerary.

Yes, my flights are booked.

Just click on your date (after scrolling down)and then the iten and all is well, it shows what you want.

you may want to check your year. I noticed that few pages later there is an april 8 2013 for southern sail date. the one you asking is for april 8 2012 is western.Look the western and souther caribbean on first and last page.

When I look up Grandeur April 8, 2012 on Royals site this is what is showing...don't know where you are seeing any other itinerary. I have also looked it up on another system available to me and it shows the same.

SAILING ITINERARY

When I look up Grandeur April 8, 2012 on Royals site this is what is showing...don't know where you are seeing any other itinerary. I have also looked it up on another system available to me and it shows the same.

SAILING ITINERARY

That is what I am seeing too. :confused:

6596097475_6e18672833_b.jpg

I'd feel a whole lot better if all the parts of their web site reflected the itinerary I originally booked ... especially since I talked to customer service last night and she said she would notify them about the issue once she found the section that lists "Western". Until that happens, a part of me has to wonder if it's a change in process that they just haven't finished implementing.

Well this is truly bizzare and a testament to RCCL's website :rolleyes:

When I use the link posted or when I use the Cruise Calendar, I see Aruba (although cruise is still titled 7 night Western). When I use the Advanced search and pick Apr 2012 and Grandeur, I see Aruba in the ports of call, but when I click on Details & Prices and click on Itinerary, I see Jamaica/Grand Cayman.

:eek:

The April 9th sailing of the Liberty also has some differences on the website. The listing under the search result shows Ocho Rios, then Labadee. In the itinterary details for that date it shows Labadee, then Falmouth. RCCL says the first is right. If the same holds true for you (that the details section is wrong) you are not going to Jamaica or GC. Hope it all works out.

TMC

Archived