What MAKES your cruise for you?

Mist_ynight

Here are my top 3 things,

3. Seeing the new places, taking a tour of the island/port area (not the shops) and seeing how others in this big world live.

2. Trying new things, games, food, drinks, water slide.

1. Loosing total track of time and place.

Let me explain;

I had been a manager for a few years, and was working 6 days a week, thinking and worrying about work 20 hours a day. Having fun but always thinking of work.

Well on the first cruise I went on, I was worried about payday which was Wednesday, I had a cell phone that work paid for, so I was to call in on Wednesday morning to make sure everything was ok and set so they all got paid. Well I got up that morning, waited until 9 am local time at home, and called the office manager to check on payroll. She said it was all fine YESTERDAY! And everyone got paid.

I had completely lost track of time, and was having fun. It was great.

From then on, life was better, and I did not worry as much about the little things.

Every cruise now, I put away the phone, and relax, I have slept on deck for hours, got sun burns that last 6 to 8 months (the sun stain on the skin) and just had FUN.

When we first started cruising it was the time ALONE with my hubby that meant the most. That still tops the charts, but we are now empty nesters, so we do get that more than before. Now however we work long hours and crazy schedules, so just being able to sleep in the same bed and having nowhere we have to be is heaven.

The DW and I have been married almost 34 years and have raised 4 kids. We hardly ever had a vacation that wasn't revolved around the kids sports programs. Don't get me wrong we loved doing that and all of the friends we met and all of the memories of seeing the kids play when they were 5-6 years old all the way through college. But now it's just about us doing what we want and we love to cruise. The DW and I love everything about cruising. We will be booking our 4th soon and it looks like sometime in Seot. 2012

#1 peace and quiet when you want it

#2 getting off at all of the ports and sight seeing.

#3 partying when you want to.

#4 meeting new people and people watching (really like watching the 20-30 years old makes me feel young again and brings back memories of when we were that age) and sometimes I try to keep up with them.

#5 The service you get on a cruise. Never had a problem with service always treated great.

#6 The food never had a bad meal.

Archived