What MAKES your cruise for you?

Mist_ynight

While talking to some friends that will be joining us on our upcoming cruise we got talking about dinner seating. They were surprised when I mentioned that I love traditional dining and want to sit at the biggest table possible. I like being seated with the same people and getting to know them. To me this is what makes my cruise. I enjoy most everything about cruising but it would be a big disappointment to cruise with anyone who wanted to do anytime dining. I'm just curious to know what MAKES your cruise for you? What is the thing you love most about cruising and would be dissapointed if you didn't get to do?

Being able to relax on deck in a quiet location. The sun shining but not too hot. Temperature not too hot, but, not too cool. Having that opportunity several times over the course of a cruise - especially at sunrise and sunset - really "makes" a cruise for me.

While looking forward to my next cruise, I envision sitting on my balcony in the morning with room service coffee and orange juice.

A little thing, I know, but living alone, it is a treat to have coffee made for me, and I appreciate every sip.

Melanie

Melanie, it's sometimes the smallest things that make us the happiest :)

sanmarcosman I love that feeling too however both my husband and friend that I cruise with hate it. We're cruising on a low deck right in the center of the ship this time so I doubt I'll get to feel that this time.

Options! I love having the ability to do everything - or nothing. I enjoy people watching and sitting and talking with strangers, new friends, or travel companions. I also enjoy time alone or napping. I like watching or participating in shipboard games and activities, or finding an isolated area to watch the ocean breeze by. Bottom line, I like doing whatever I want to do when I want to do it - expending energy or being lazy. I enjoy ports of call, or staying on board and having the ship almost to myself for the day. I enjoy having no time restraints other than dinner time and when to be on the ship before she sails. Whatever my mood dictates, it seems to be readily available. How could anything be better? Options. Definitely options...

While talking to some friends that will be joining us on our upcoming cruise we got talking about dinner seating. They were surprised when I mentioned that I love traditional dining and want to sit at the biggest table possible. I like being seated with the same people and getting to know them. To me this is what makes my cruise. I enjoy most everything about cruising but it would be a big disappointment to cruise with anyone who wanted to do anytime dining. I'm just curious to know what MAKES your cruise for you? What is the thing you love most about cruising and would be dissapointed if you didn't get to do?

Having a 2-top to ourselves without having to make smalltalk with strangers, ironically.;)

Options! I love having the ability to do everything - or nothing. I enjoy people watching and sitting and talking with strangers, new friends, or travel companions. I also enjoy time alone or napping. I like watching or participating in shipboard games and activities, or finding an isolated area to watch the ocean breeze by. Bottom line, I like doing whatever I want to do when I want to do it - expending energy or being lazy. I enjoy ports of call, or staying on board and having the ship almost to myself for the day. I enjoy having no time restraints other than dinner time and when to be on the ship before she sails. Whatever my mood dictates, it seems to be readily available. How could anything be better? Options. Definitely options...

Could not have said it better:):):)

Having a 2-top to ourselves without having to make smalltalk with strangers, ironically.;)

LOL different strokes for different folks. My hubby wishes I was like you and we could eat at a small table for just us. I told him I see him everyday I need more people to talk to then just him!

I'll take snippets from other posters....sitting, relaxing in a quiet spot with a good book and a nice view...enjoying wandering the ports inland away from the tourism shopping centers.

I also dislike stangers at my table.. meal time is family time to discuss daily events and future plans.

spending time with family and friends

no cell phone

no emails

no internet

no boss and no quotas

no cooking or cleaning

staring at the ocean and sunsets

visiting exotic places

Totally agree! Crusing has been the only vacation we have found where we can totally get off the net, out of the loop and almost disappear for a bit. Sleeping in or getting up before sun up just cause you can and not cause you have to. Freedom?

I cruise for the towel animals. Ok, not really, but they DO make my cruise!!! I normally cruise with the same group of friends, so I know what to expect from them. But I truly enjoy my towel animals!! Oh, and the comfy beds, too. And the hot tubs for my sore knees after walking around all day in port.

LOL different strokes for different folks. My hubby wishes I was like you and we could eat at a small table for just us. I told him I see him everyday I need more people to talk to then just him!

Exactly, DH and I see each other every day and like to sit at big tables meeting other people and we've met some great ones over the years! Sometimes we cruise with groups of 30 or so friends, so obviously don't meet new friends, it's a completey different kind of cruise. We also like talking with the crew and finding out about their families, where they're from, their history on Carnival etc. We even keep in touch with a few of them still.

We like a table for two, the ship when everyone is mostly on shore and we have the ship to ourselves, reading in a quiet place, and watching the ocean with no one around. As you can see we like to be just the two of us.:)

Charles and Connie

I have never been at a table where I did not already know the people,

I might have met them in person for the first time at the table, but seems like you know them already from chating here.

So It has always been a big table full of Family, or a big table full of friends.

I too love the towel animals,

seeing new places, warm beaches,

and morning room service as my wake up call.

Love trying new foods.

But I suppose if I didn't get the one relaxing day

at the pool doing nothing, I would miss that.

Didn't get it on the Dream, and wont miss it again!

the rest of the time, I want to be a part of everything...

GO GO GO, then stop that last day.

Maybe your friends, once they know you like Trad. Dinning,

(knowing they can hit the Buffet and not show for any of the nights they want.)

Will opt for the big table...

Or maybe this time, because you have friends on the trip,

their company and talking all about what you all have done all day,

will surprise you at how fun that would be with a table of 4

ESP. if you all are not doing everything together. meeting up for dinner talking about all each of you have done all day, and the plans for the next.

We like taking our family (our grown kids and their kids) on cruises and watching the delight in their eyes and hearing the excitement in their voices when they experience new foods, see exotic locations, and learn about other cultures. We want them to benefit from cruising--after all we are spending their inheritance!

After many many cruises, we are now at a point in our lives where we just book suites and enjoy sailing the seas in our YACHT!....we hardly see the shows or even eat in dining rooms...we get our food to eat on deck or bring back to suite plus our wine and hunker down for the length of the cruise...we get off at the ports, get massages, buy drinks then back to the ship...this is working for us sexagenarians :>))

Archived