Cabo ?'s

twinklen01

Can you tell me the name of the company you used for the glass bottom boat tour to lands end? It sounds like fun. we would like to see Lands end then go hang out on a beach. I see Medano beach recommended lots, is there places you can get chairs to sit and have a few drinks close to the water? this is our first time in Cabo so don't know what to expect.

Can you tell me the name of the company you used for the glass bottom boat tour to lands end? It sounds like fun. we would like to see Lands end then go hang out on a beach. I see Medano beach recommended lots, is there places you can get chairs to sit and have a few drinks close to the water? this is our first time in Cabo so don't know what to expect.

I will have to look up the name of the boat vendor we used. I don't remember it right now. On Medano Beach, we ended up at Billygan's. We had padded beach lounge chairs, an umbrella, food/drinks, and a view of the stage where the competitions were held. I can post some pics if you want. :)

I'd be happy to!

His name is Benjamin (Benjy) Sanchez

His email is:

benjytour@hotmail.com

Cell Phone:

044-669-142-8839

Cabo Tours- 2 hrs. $25/person

Cabo & San Jose- $35/person

His van can hold 15 passengers. And you can hire him for $50/hour, minimum 3 hours. (And yes you can barter with him)

I would suggest emailing him, he responds very quickly! He is very reliable, kind, honest and most of all knowledgeable.

Make sure you mention our names as he will take excellent care of you!

Catherine & Frank

How did you find Benjy? I might be interested also. I am at a loss as to what to do while in Cabo. We did a similar tour in Cozumel last month and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you,

Linda

How did you find Benjy? I might be interested also. I am at a loss as to what to do while in Cabo. We did a similar tour in Cozumel last month and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you,

Linda

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner Linda, we've been travelling. As for Benjy we just came across him by chance, after talking to other tour guides on the pier, and are so glad we did. You by no means will be disappointed!! I truly can't recommend him highly enough!!!

Ron,

Here is Benjy's info:

His email is:

benjytour@hotmail.com

Cell Phone:

044-669-142-8839

His van can hold 15 passengers. And you can hire him for $50/hour, minimum 3 hours. (And yes you can barter with him)!!!

I have pics from one end of Cabo to the San Jose.We ended up at Cabo Wabo for some Corona's and Guacamole and he was kind enough to then pick us up and drive us back to the pier. I would suggest that you email him Ron and tell him what your'e looking for and perhaps he can give you some suggestions. He's very accomodating!!! Tell him Catherine & Frank say "Hello"!!!

Ron,

Here is Benjy's info:

His email is:

benjytour@hotmail.com

Cell Phone:

044-669-142-8839

His van can hold 15 passengers. And you can hire him for $50/hour, minimum 3 hours. (And yes you can barter with him)!!!

I have pics from one end of Cabo to the San Jose.We ended up at Cabo Wabo for some Corona's and Guacamole and he was kind enough to then pick us up and drive us back to the pier. I would suggest that you email him Ron and tell him what your'e looking for and perhaps he can give you some suggestions. He's very accomodating!!! Tell him Catherine & Frank say "Hello"!!!

Thank you and will do. I am going to look at what the ship offers, then try to go this way with him,,ie duplicate thier tours. BOund to save us money and get a better tour.

I also like the food (taco) recommendations. My wife and my friends have to eat tacos wherever we go,,because you know you just can't get good tacos in Los Angeles (little joke there,,,,very little!)!

Ron~

San Jose del Cabo and is steeped in history —located 20 minutes away via a scenic coastal highway—shines all on its own.

Founded as a Jesuit mission in 1730, the former mining village retains its authentic charm and remains one of the best places in Mexico to relax and soak up culture.

The town’s Centro Historico centres around the Mission of San Jose del Cabo church and its bright and welcoming Plaza Mijares. The surrounding streets are filled with blooming plants and pastel-colored buildings housing galleries, boutiques and gourmet restaurants. A cactus farm (believe it or not) tons of beautiful condos (for rent) and great shopping (fire opals).

My husband and I loved it! Very different from Los Cabos!

The tacos, guacamole and fajitas along with the ice cold Coronas and jars of lime were fabulous at Cabo Wabo (Sammy Hagar (Van Halen)) bar has history unto itself! Great idea about looking into the cruises tours and then having Benjy take you on your "own" one!!!! Huge saving in money and that much more personal!!!!

Ron~

San Jose del Cabo and is steeped in history —located 20 minutes away via a scenic coastal highway—shines all on its own.

Founded as a Jesuit mission in 1730, the former mining village retains its authentic charm and remains one of the best places in Mexico to relax and soak up culture.

The town’s Centro Historico centres around the Mission of San Jose del Cabo church and its bright and welcoming Plaza Mijares. The surrounding streets are filled with blooming plants and pastel-colored buildings housing galleries, boutiques and gourmet restaurants. A cactus farm (believe it or not) tons of beautiful condos (for rent) and great shopping (fire opals).

The tacos, guacamole and fajitas along with the ice cold Coronas and jars of lime were fabulous at Cabo Wabo (Sammy Hagar (Van Halen)) bar has history unto itself! Great idea about looking into the cruises tours and then having Benjy take you on your "own" one!!!! Huge saving in money and that much more personal!!!!

NOw I am wondering if I get in contact with Benjy if he would take us to both places and how many hours this would take. Rhetorical question I suppose

• 2 weeks later...

I had hoped he did a scheduled tour which you could join for a reasonable price. I can't afford to hire him for just my husband and me. I received a reply from him, but I don't know what to say in return. I'm thinking I will explain the situation and tell him if he gets a group together we will join it, but I don't want to commit myself to pay him for 3 hours for just the 2 of us.

Nancy

I had hoped he did a scheduled tour which you could join for a reasonable price. I can't afford to hire him for just my husband and me. I received a reply from him, but I don't know what to say in return. I'm thinking I will explain the situation and tell him if he gets a group together we will join it, but I don't want to commit myself to pay him for 3 hours for just the 2 of us.

Nancy

If you post the information and price on your roll call board, you may get some who are interested to book with you.

:). After that we walked a long way through town to get to the ME resort (just to see it). It was beautiful there and maybe next time we'll stay for the day. I wouldn't walk there again though. I felt a little unsafe, so next time I would take a taxi. After ME, we went to Billygan's and had a fun, college-type day on the beach with food, drinks, and games.

You were never in any danger. Thousands of Americans and Canadians call Cabo San Lucas home either full or part time, including me.

Nancy

Perfect! Explain it to him and as 'swedish weave' mentioned...post it on your Roll Call Board. I am sure you'll get a great response. When my husband Frank & I toured with him, 4 other passengers from our ship joined in and that brought the cost down quite a bit. Cheers!!!

You were never in any danger. Thousands of Americans and Canadians call Cabo San Lucas home either full or part time, including me.

Interesting post by Martini Mom. I'm so sorry she felt unsafe. Not fun when you are on vacation. For me, Cabo is one of the Mexican ports I have never, ever felt unsafe in. For me, it's just like my home area of Orange/LA County. You have to be smart about what you do and your surroundings but, other than that, I've felt perfectly safe. That includes Cabo. One of the Mexican ports I would feel the safest in.

Ron~

I'm sold! We have been to Cabo several times when on cruises and I have not really been a fan. This is encouraging me to get out and do something different. San Jose sounds wonderful!

We hired a cab in Mazatlan when there on a cruise a few years ago and it was wonderful. The guy took us to the best restaurant (very local) and to a beautiful jewelry shop (I am sure he recieved $$ for our shopping there). We saw areas of Mazatlan that the tour buses could not take people. We still talk about "Bill the Cab Driver". In fact, we liked him so much that we were disappointed when Carnival canceled Mazatlan. We were hoping to hire him again.

• 2 weeks later...
Perfect! Explain it to him and as 'swedish weave' mentioned...post it on your Roll Call Board. I am sure you'll get a great response. When my husband Frank & I toured with him, 4 other passengers from our ship joined in and that brought the cost down quite a bit. Cheers!!!

We don't have much of a roll call for this cruise (maybe because all it does is go from San Diego to Cabo and back) but Benji said he would just charge my husband and me $35 each and then we will hope to pick up others at the pier. we are traveling with some others who might be interested, but they are a large family and he won't have room for all of them, so they might not go.

Nancy

Archived