my time dining-Voyager-questions

jnv

Hello,

I haven't cruised on RC since they have had the MTD - I am wondering if it works similar to Carnival and NCL - just show up at the dining room and they seat you when a table is available, or do you make reservations each day for the time you prefer? There are four of us and we usually eat early (6pm). Is there more than one dining room? We hope to try Portofino's one night, is that something I should be making reservations for now? (we cruise in 3 weeks) And we prefer a table for 4. Thank you for any info.

We're on Voyager next Saturday (wow only 8 days). I made our MTD reservations on line and just picked the same time each night. Our last cruise with RCCL they kind of frowned upon us just showing up. You can make them the same day on the ship or in advance on the ship by calling or stopping by the dining room during their open times.

If you just show up you may have to wait, but I think the most we waited was 15 minutes. If you decide to do Portofino's one night, you can just tell them the day of that you wont' be in the MDR that night.

You can also make your Portofino's reservations online if you know what night you want. But you do have to go ahead and pay. I'm waiting til onboard because I want to use my OBC to pay for it.

You can do it either way....show up and when a table is avail. they'll seat you, or make reservations either daily, or as a standing reservation.

If you tend to eat at the same time, then main traditional seating guarantees you your table at the same time and place every night!

Archived