Hotels Downtown FLL

dmk

Pier 66 is listed as Beach location, not downtown. You'd have to specify downtown to get something like Embassy, Hilton, Riverside etc

OOPs! I didn't make myself clear. I meant that everyone is winning the beach location such as the Hyatt. Looking for anyone who has had success with downtown FLL...like the hotels that you mentioned.

I think we all are bidding on the 4* Beach location because there have been so many wins reported. I got the Hyatt Pier 66 for a one-night stay in February for $70. The going rate was $259 plus taxes. To get a hotel in Fort Lauderdale in the winter at that Priceline rate is amazing.

In comparison, for a trip at the end of March, I ended up getting the Westin Diplomat for one night as I had bid up to $150 for the Downtown and Beach locations. Even as much as $115 for a 2-star DT. No takers.

I think we all are bidding on the 4* Beach location because there have been so many wins reported. I got the Hyatt Pier 66 for a one-night stay in February for $70. The going rate was $259 plus taxes. To get a hotel in Fort Lauderdale in the winter at that Priceline rate is amazing.

In comparison, for a trip at the end of March, I ended up getting the Westin Diplomat for one night as I had bid up to $150 for the Downtown and Beach locations. Even as much as $115 for a 2-star DT. No takers.

May I ask what date in February, as we are looking for something cheaper for the night of the 10th.

How close to 17th ST is the Hyatt?? Last yr we stayed at the Renaissance and liked that we could walk to liquor store and other places.

Thanks

May I ask what date in February, as we are looking for something cheaper for the night of the 10th.

How close to 17th ST is the Hyatt?? Last yr we stayed at the Renaissance and liked that we could walk to liquor store and other places.

Thanks

We are staying Feb. 16th.

Here is the map. The Hyatt is over the bridge.

http://pier66.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/services/maps/index.jsp?icamp=propMapDirections

Thanks

Hyatt Pier 66 is actually ON 17th St. It's just a far walk to anything because it's east of the bridge. It's the largest hotel property in the area.

if you book thru priceline can you use the free parking for the cruise?????

If you need parking while cruising do not book on the discount sites. Book at parksleepfly which will offer great rates for the room and includes parking for anywhere from 7-14 days while you cruise. You are only booking a room on the discount sites. Free parking means while you are a guest. Cruise parking is a different animal and the PL hotels have the right to charge you for those days. Not worth it.

Archived