Wait List for a Cruise - Question

vie lee

I have never done this before but because my friend wants a balcony room, we

had to be put on a wait list for the Oct 9th, TransAlantic cruise on the Ruby.

They said we were # 159 on the list. Is there even a chance we will get a room being that far down on the list?

Not really. Barring a miracle or a huge group cancelling, you are well below 1% IMO.

Transatlantic cruises are done by mostly veteran cruisers, they don't cancel at the rates other more newbie packed cruises do.

Sorry.

They said we were # 159 on the list. Is there even a chance we will get a room being that far down on the list?

I'd say you have a chance but if you want to be on our sailing (I'm on this cruise), I would suggest booking the best cabin you can live with or a GTY. There will be cancellations right up until sailing and there are some groups, so you never know.

Thank you all for your input - we had a chance at a cat FF outside obstructed view QTY but we have decided to take our chances. So, just wish us luck and Pam we hope to see you on the ship.............I will post on Roll Call if we get a room.

Vie Lee

Thank you all for your input - we had a chance at a cat FF outside obstructed view QTY but we have decided to take our chances. So, just wish us luck and Pam we hope to see you on the ship.............I will post on Roll Call if we get a room.

Vie Lee

Another suggestion is to check with a number of different TA's. Many of them reserve blocks of cabins for their customers so those cabins are not listed as "available." If unsold, these cabins will be released about final payment time. It's worth a try.

Archived