Becoming Plat Latitudes midway thru a B2B

mbisson

I'm hopeful that some of the long time NCL fans might know the answer to this...

We have our first B2B booked for 2012. At the end of the first week, we'll become Platinum with Latitudes. How good is NCL at realizing we've achieved it and can 'perk us' correctly for the 2nd week. (hey, with 2 weeks onboard I may really need to do a bag of laundry LOL)

I'm hopeful that some of the long time NCL fans might know the answer to this...

We have our first B2B booked for 2012. At the end of the first week, we'll become Platinum with Latitudes. How good is NCL at realizing we've achieved it and can 'perk us' correctly for the 2nd week. (hey, with 2 weeks onboard I may really need to do a bag of laundry LOL)

You can WOW the Lattitudes rep onboard with your charming personality and maybe even offer him a hotdog and he will give you the ship!!!! If that doesn't work, get your DW to beat the crap out of him until he accedes to your wishes !!!!:D:D Enjoy your trips !!!

You can WOW the Lattitudes rep onboard with your charming personality and maybe even offer him a hotdog and he will give you the ship!!!! If that doesn't work, get your DW to beat the crap out of him until he accedes to your wishes !!!!:D:D Enjoy your trips !!!

ROTFL-I'll have barb start MMA classes, cause my personality just wouldn't cut it

im pretty sure you would have to have 2 different reservation numbers, one for each leg of the cruise. other wise its considered 1 cruise and you will not have the perks on the second leg.

Yep, we do :)

Maybe I'll write Latitudes and say "this sure would be easier if you just bumped me up a week early" LOL

we went Platinum few weeks ago on our B2B right after the new system went into effect with the points so we had to remind them we were Platinum, just went and talked with the Latitude Rep onboard and right after we got our 'new' benefits...was NICE to have the laundry and the 2 free dinners at LeBistro.

we went Platinum few weeks ago on our B2B right after the new system went into effect with the points so we had to remind them we were Platinum, just went and talked with the Latitude Rep onboard and right after we got our 'new' benefits...was NICE to have the laundry and the 2 free dinners at LeBistro.

good to hear :)

Just so I'm clear, did you go from gold to plat after the 1st week of the cruise, or had you turned platinum just before the 1st week?

a quick side question if i may

my next cruise was booked more than 9 months in advance, but for some reason i think that only cruises booked 9 months in advance after dec. 5th qualify for the extra points on your booking. is this true? i'll go from silver to platinum if i get those extra 17 points on my next cruise :D

my next cruise was booked more than 9 months in advance, but for some reason i think that only cruises booked 9 months in advance after dec. 5th qualify for the extra points on your booking. is this true? i'll go from silver to platinum if i get those extra 17 points on my next cruise :D

You are correct with your assumption. Had to be booked after Dec. 5. Can you cancel and rebook again.....if there is still at least nine months before the sailing?

You are correct with your assumption. Had to be booked after Dec. 5. Can you cancel and rebook again.....if there is still at least nine months before the sailing?

Of course, if I cancel & rebook my B2B, the price will go up about $500 for the first half and another $300 for the 2nd week. So I'm not gonna even begin to worry about if I get a few extra latitudes points or not

We were on the Jewel December 3, 2011, in a suite, booked way more than 9 months in adavance. We recieved 21 points. The points showed on our account very quickly, the cruise has yet to show in our cruise history tho.

We were on the Jewel December 3, 2011, in a suite, booked way more than 9 months in adavance. We recieved 21 points. The points showed on our account very quickly, the cruise has yet to show in our cruise history tho.

how long was your cruise? were some of those points from booking 9 or more months out?

thank you and merry new year

That's good to hear also (and sort of confirms some of the other reports I've seen)

100% not correct. As long you SAIL after Dec 5 you get credit for early

Thank you for contacting Norwegian Cruise Line and your patience while we worked on your inquiry,

You do not have rebook your sailing once they are completed you will receive the points.

Please feel free to contact us at LatClerical@ncl.com with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you for your continued support of Norwegian Cruise Line.

Latitudes Rewards Desk*

Fax 305-436-4143

Norwegian Cruise Line ®

7665 Corporate Center Drive |*Miami FL 33126

Freestyle Cruising ®

http://www.ncl.com

100% not correct. As long you SAIL after Dec 5 you get credit for early

Thank you for contacting Norwegian Cruise Line and your patience while we worked on your inquiry,

You do not have rebook your sailing once they are completed you will receive the points.

Please feel free to contact us at LatClerical@ncl.com with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you for your continued support of Norwegian Cruise Line.

Latitudes Rewards Desk*

Fax 305-436-4143

Norwegian Cruise Line ®

7665 Corporate Center Drive |*Miami FL 33126

Freestyle Cruising ®

www.ncl.com

Good to hear!

good to hear :)

Just so I'm clear, did you go from gold to plat after the 1st week of the cruise, or had you turned platinum just before the 1st week?

it was our first week and we had just turned Gold from our last cruise (Feb) and then the next week we were Platinum:)

so i booked my 10 and 11 day in March 2011 for sailing Nov-Dec 2012 so i will get extra for that? i thought the extra points started from booking 5 December on?

The above was from question do I have to rebook to get early booking credit for 3 cruises all booked before Dec 5. All you have to do is book 9 months before you SAIL after Dec 5.

im pretty sure you would have to have 2 different reservation numbers, one for each leg of the cruise. other wise its considered 1 cruise and you will not have the perks on the second leg.

Well, since NCL is now counting days rather than cruises I don't think it will matter whether it's one booking or not.

When we changed from Bronze to Silver after the first of a B2B cruise, we simply told the Cruise Consultant on board and she took care of it. Then we went to the Front Desk and got new key cards that said the new level.

Now, however, with the count being by days rather than by cruises, we've jumped from Silver to Platinum. I'm looking forward to our next cruise with Platinum perks.

I am so glad you posed this question. I will turn Platinum at the end of my next cruise and I have a cruise two weeks later. I was wondering if the platinum would show up in time for cruise two. Glad to hear all that you have written. I will check with the front desk. I sure will enjoy the laundry and LaBistro.

Hi Swedish Weave, MBisson (fellow Washingtonian) and DaveChipp1974. Hope our paths will cross again. ;)

Donna

Archived