New Aqua Babies/Tots Program?

AnotherVirginCruiser

We participated in the Aqua Babies program last week on the Jewel of the Seas. It was pretty low key. They have it every morning. We sang a couple of songs and then they brought out a bunch of Fisher Price toys. It was pretty unstructured, but we were the only family there for a couple of the days which might have something to do with it. I thought that it was a nice opportunity to try out Fisher Price toys that we didn't already have. It was also nice because they had a lot of big, bulky toys that you could never bring with.

It seems like a nice program. I hope they keep it. The participation seemed low, but we were told that there were only 4 babies on the ship.

Thanks for your response!

It is a RCCL thing and I think I heard Celebrity might be taking it up this summer!? I hope- we are on it in June.:o I like the idea that they can just play with big toys (that I can't bring with me) for a little while. Something different for the little ones that aren't allowed in Fun Area.

Where did they hold the sessions?

Thanks again.

They can't hold the Aqua Babies or Aqua Tots class in the Ocean Adventure area because they aren't suppose to have activities for kids with diapers in there. The location of the class seemed to be a bit of an issue. On the Jewel, the classes were suppose to take place in the Safari Club, but they seemed to routinely get bumped from that location. Most days, the class took place in the card room off of the Safari Club, but one day we even got kicked out of there because the immigration officiers for our port had to come in and do there thing. It was a little frustrating. Where ever the class is held, they put down a spongy mat for the kids to play on.

My 25month old DD and I did this on the Monarch. It's should now be on all RCCL ships. The toys are brand new and shiny. They met in The Circuit.

9:30a.m. for 6-18 month olds and 10:30a.m. for 19-36 month olds. Pretty late if you have an excursion. We were the only ones who were there the day we went. One song, one book and free play with the new FP toys, all themed. Pretty sweet. :rolleyes:

I just had to pop in and say hello to alexirob, and let you know we haven't forgot about you guys. I will email you some pictures as soon as I find where I tucked away your email address. We definatly need to do another cruise together sometime soon. ;)

Kathy

Celebrity has toys that you can check out and take to your cabin. I don't know if RCL has this but wanted to pass it along to other moms and dads.

Thank you. I am aware of this, but I was hoping that Celebrity would follow suit and get a program for under 3 like RCI. I can bring small toys that I know my DD will play with, but I am hoping for the larger Fischer Price toys to climb/move around- that I can't fit in the suitcase.:D Just some playtime (I would have been happy with the ball pit in the Fun Factory for 15 minutes!):(

Thanks for your reponses. It's great that RCI is offering something for "everyone" now.

• 3 weeks later...

I called RCI before we booked our Nov 05 Cruise on the Mariner of the Sea. They told me that children under 3 are still allowed in the Adventure Ocean area, but the parent must accompany them. So, even though the Aqua Tots/Babies programs are only in the morning, we can still have fun activities the rest of the day to take our little ones to. :D Hope this helps. I know I can't wait to play in the Adventure Ocean area with my will be 18 month old.

Kim :)

Archived