Getting rci to use jet2 flights

Yet again a question re Scottish flights to Med. I am very interested in 3 RCI cruises leaving 13th or 14th October from Venice, Barcelona or Rome. I am a school teacher (and yes I know we have a ton of hoidays but believe me they are very specific and non negotiable and its not as easy to find a cruise to fit in exactly so not much leeway for taking days before or after cruises and therefore our own more convenient flights). So there are Jet2 flights on both these dates from Glasgow or Edinburgh which would suit us really well. When I contacted my travel agent she called RCI and their offer is a) fly down the night before to Heathrow with BA and stay overnight at our own expense or b) fly out very early that morning from Glasgow with KLM and change at Amsterdam or Frankfurt. Neither appeal. We have once been able to fly direct with Jet2 from Newcastle which was OK for us. How can I get RCI to put us on the Jet2 flights and why are they not suggesting them in the first place? Could risk it and just book them oursleves but then I'd worry myself sick till October that we'd be delayed/cancelled and we would also have the expense of transfers. Advice?

Just book your own flights. You will save money too. If you are worried about missing the ship, why not fly in the day before? We NEVER book flights with the cruise, always separately and have never had a problem. Med ports are usually easy to get to, especially Barcelona. Civitevecchia is more difficult.

Yet again a question re Scottish flights to Med. I am very interested in 3 RCI cruises leaving 13th or 14th October from Venice, Barcelona or Rome. I am a school teacher (and yes I know we have a ton of hoidays but believe me they are very specific and non negotiable and its not as easy to find a cruise to fit in exactly so not much leeway for taking days before or after cruises and therefore our own more convenient flights). So there are Jet2 flights on both these dates from Glasgow or Edinburgh which would suit us really well. When I contacted my travel agent she called RCI and their offer is a) fly down the night before to Heathrow with BA and stay overnight at our own expense or b) fly out very early that morning from Glasgow with KLM and change at Amsterdam or Frankfurt. Neither appeal. We have once been able to fly direct with Jet2 from Newcastle which was OK for us. How can I get RCI to put us on the Jet2 flights and why are they not suggesting them in the first place? Could risk it and just book them oursleves but then I'd worry myself sick till October that we'd be delayed/cancelled and we would also have the expense of transfers. Advice?

Hi,

We used Jet2 to Venice in September from Edinburgh. We booked ourselves however RCI were offering this flight also (for a much higher price). Not sure why they aren't for next year. Was a great flight no problems at all & got a private transfer with 4 others much cheaper. Don't blame you wanting to go direct saves so much hassle. Our cruise had an overnight in Venice so we had some leeway in case of delays.

Hope you get it sorted.

Archived