Babies under 6 months old allowed?

impartfish

My daughter wants to take her 5 month old baby on a cruise, but I think the minimum age is 6 months for Mexican Riviera cruises, is that right? If so, how strict are they on that age?

I looked all over the Carnival website and couldn't find the answer, so thank you for the help!

From Carnival FAQ

Q Can I sail with my infant?

A Minimum age for sailing is 6 months, with the exceptions of Transatlantic, Hawaii and South American cruises, which are 12 months.

This policy is in place due to the infant's vulnerable health. While at sea or in port the availability of medical care may be limited or delayed. Early infant care, in particular may require specialized diagnostic facilities and/or treatment that are not obtainable during the cruise on board the ship or ashore in ports of call.

Fly-Aweigh infants (6 to 23 months of age) will be charged the "Cruise-Only" rate as long as the infant sits on a parent's lap on the airplane. If an airline seat is requested by the parent, then the infant will be charged the standard Fly-Aweigh rate. When an infant reaches 24 months of age, an airline ticket is required by the airlines.

Standard cruise fare applies to booking of a minor.

It would not hurt to call Carnival and ask.

I already tried calling Carnival. They're closed today. :(

Thanks for the links, both of you. I also found it in the small print in the back of a brochure. Guess they'll have to wait a month. Thanks so much for the help!

My daughter wants to take her 5 month old baby on a cruise, but I think the minimum age is 6 months for Mexican Riviera cruises, is that right? If so, how strict are they on that age?

I looked all over the Carnival website and couldn't find the answer, so thank you for the help!

The info below is from the cruise ticket contract. I realize most of it doesn't apply in your daughter's case, but it does talk about age.

FITNESS TO TRAVEL, SPECIAL NEEDS, PREGNANCY, INFANTS, DRINKING, DISEMBARKATION

(b) Carnival and the Master each reserves the right to refuse passage, disembark or confine to a stateroom any Guest whose physical or mental condition, or behavior would be considered in the sole opinion of the Captain and/or the ship's physician to constitute a risk to the Guest's own well-being or that of any other Guest or crew member. Guest understands and acknowledges that in addition to the limitations on medical care described in Clause 2 (a), prenatal and early infant care, in particular, may require specialized diagnostic facilities and/or treatment that are not obtainable during the cruise on board the ship and/or ashore in ports of call. Therefore, the Guest agrees not to book a cruise or board the ship unless on the day of disembarkation she is pregnant for 24 completed weeks or less, nor for or with infants less than six months old--for trans-ocean crossings, South America and Hawaii the infant must be at least twelve months of age at the time of embarkation to sail. Carnival and the Master reserve the right to disembark any guest whose behavior affects the comfort, enjoyment, safety or well being of other guests or of any crew. All expectant Guests further agree to provide Carnival, prior to embarkation, with a physician's statement verifying that her gestational status is in accordance with this policy, and certifying her fitness to travel even if she will be less than twenty-four completed weeks pregnant upon disembarkation. Failure to do so shall result in the cancellation of the Guest's reservation without refund, compensation or payment except as set forth in Carnival's cancellation policy described in Clause 6, based on the timing of such cancellation.

Since proof of age is required, it would seem to me that Carnival would be strict about it as they should be. It appears your daughter is going to have to wait a bit longer to cruise.

Sorry, but I didn't realize so many of us were posting about the same time.

Archived