Another smuggling Question..sorry..

A few comments made me laugh, a good read!! As a side note, out of Ft liquordale on the Navigator, I only had carryon due to AA leaving my bag in NYC. A mad dash to kmart to get basic supplies such as deodant, mouthwash, ect made the screener at the port come to immediate attention as my carryon went through the scanner. I had TWO guards inspect my bag, and as they did half the ship boarded while more rci guards came over to assist. So the lesson learned - have the kids pack the mouthwash and contact solution, stay two passengers behind lol

A great question that has yet to be answered.

Out of curiosity, what would you booze-smugglers do if someone smuggled your smuggled-on booze out of your cabin when you were away?

One at a time, please.

I would immediately check to make sure nothing else was missing (money, clothes, electronics, etc.) If nothing else, I would chuckle about it, and remember the days my mom found my adult magazines and the conversation of what happened to them was never ever going to be brought up.

Holy cow, WOW. I guess one way to quiet smugglers (all but one) is to ask them a NON-rhetorical question.

I LOL'd at you characterizing your own question as "great". Someone has an awfully high opinion of them self :rolleyes:

As to your question, if someone stole our booze (or anything else) from our cabin, that would be classified as burglary...not smuggling.

As to your question, if someone stole our booze (or anything else) from our cabin, that would be classified as burglary...not smuggling.

Ok good, we are getting somewhere.

And what exactly would you say to security? What would you say was exactly "burglarized?" Not "anything else," just "your smuggled-on booze."

That is the point of the question. You may need to reread the actual question.

Would it be something like, "hey security, our smuggled-on booze is missing, can we file a report?" Not that I want to put words in your mouth...

Realizing what RCCL's rules are regarding smuggling booze onboard their ships, what exactly would you say?

Oh man, I can't wait to hear this.

And, yes I do!

And what exactly would you say to security? What would you say was exactly "burglarized?" Not "anything else," just "your smuggled-on booze."

Would it be something like, "hey security, our smuggled-on booze is missing, can we file a report?" Not that I want to put words in your mouth...

Realizing what RCCL's rules are regarding smuggling booze onboard their ships, what exactly would you say?

If someone burglarized a cabin and stole nothing other than alcohol, you're going to be missing the containers that contained the alcohol. That is still burglary even if you don't mention what was in the containers.

What would I say to security?? I would say someone burglarized my cabin and stole some of my belongings.

And, yes I do!

I guess you are choosing to ignore the fact that I answered your lame question. Which you should, I have been beating your arguments down since I found this thread.

Putting it in your carry on luggage is very iffy. I used to put in my carry on with no problems, however last year going out of Miami they found it an confiscated it. The bottle that I had in my checkied luggage came through with no problems. I will be putting it all in my checked luggage this time around!

Gordie

Gordie answer our questions, since you are so passionate about your stance.

Why does it bother you that others smuggle?

And how does it personally affect you?

Ol' Gordy must be a member of the Secret Security Cult and the Goody Twoshoes Club.

someone just posted a picture of a rum runner It is nasty looking! I too would like the convience of being able to have a drink in the cabin.Doesnt bother me who smuggles. I just cant be bothered. I have enough to worry that the shampoo or suntan lotion doesnt leak.Cant carry them on. Airline doesnt allow the large bottles of shampoo. So worried my clothes would be ruined! I have heard of the rumrunner but never saw one. I hate to have to buy the bottle water on the ship. I need to take medication. They should supply. a bottle a day. They give us plenty of food why not water. It is a pain to run to windjammer at night for a glass of water so I end up buying the bottle water.

You can drink the water from your cabin's faucet--very clean.

You can also bring a bubba keg or plastic water bottle and fill it up in the windjammer.

Rum runners aren't nasty looking. Clear, sturdy plastic. Check them out @

rumrunnerflask.com.

I guess you are choosing to ignore the fact that I answered your lame question.

Actually you may want to reread the post, or the one below...

Like in all but one. Figures...

Holy cow, WOW. I guess one way to quiet smugglers (all but one) is to ask them a NON-rhetorical question.

Gordie answer our questions, since you are so passionate about your stance.

Why does it bother you that others smuggle?

And how does it personally affect you?

Are you really THAT naive??

I'll let several others speak for me this time:

...If you sneak liquor aboard just because you think it's stupid rule, the rest of us pay a penalty. Our fares are higher, our drink prices are higher...... we pay for others rule breaking same as consumers pay for all the shoplifters. No different.

...This post is quite amusing!!! The poster seems to think that bringing booze aboard is a God given right that the cruise lines are oppressing. Fact is, the cruise line owns the ship you are boarding. It is a private firm, and their private ship, and they can make whatever rules they want for what ever reason they want. It is not a democratic society - it is a privately owned entity.

If you book with them you have agreed to abide by their rules and policies, whatever they may be. You have no right to decide what rule is worth observing or breaking. You gave up that right when you agreed to book with them.

I simply can't understand why this concept is so hard for some people to accept.

...What is wrong is that there are too many self absorbed people who do whatever they want, to hell with the rules.

...buying devices (rumrunners)so one can sneak booze on? That is not a slight infraction. That is a deliberate act to allow breaking someone else's perfectly legal and ethical rules. And asking what the policies are, and then saying, what the heck, I don't have to follow those policies. Again, that is not accidental or unintentional, it is deliberate.

...I personally don't get why some people feel the need to place themselves above the civilized behavior that most of us believe maintains a level of decorum and sanity for all of society to function without allowing it to deteriorate into chaos.

...Lots of the smuggling threads use words 'can I get away with....'

I think that sums up where we are as a civilization.

...Simply put, the OP was suggesting that for the smuggler, breaking a rule that benefits them is OK, but if someone else breaks a rule that affects the smuggler negatively, then that is not OK. It's the "It's all about me" mentality.

...Wow..... What a concept. Act as we are expected and have agreed to when we purchased a ticket on their ship. The cruise contract says certain things are allowed and certain things are not. I haven't seen any language that offers the opportunity to pick and choose which rules we like and which ones we don't thus waiving our responsibility to obey.

...Back to the thread: yes, we all break rules here and there - very often inadvertently. The liquor smuggler does so in a clearly pre-meditated fashion -- which is generally seen as an exacerbating factor.

As a practical matter, I frankly don't care what those petty sneaks do - aside from causing the indirect cost to me resulting from the fare increases the lines must ultimately impose to maintain profit levels. what I find particularly tiresome are their attempts at justifying their dishonesty:

A) I can only drink my brand, which the ships do not carry.

B) They charge too much, so I am justifiably acting in self defense.

C) Everybody does it, so why not me?

...Funny yet sad, the smugglers are one of the first to defend their booze-smuggling tactics claiming they do it because the drink-costs are just too expensive on a ship yet their illicit behavior, in part, adds to the expense of those on-board drinks.

...Trying to smuggle anything and breaking the rules will just ruin it for everyone else who is trying to follow the rules.

I appreciate being allowed to carry on some water or soda pop, but when people start trying to disguise alcohol as these products, the cruise lines may just eliminate water and soda pop too.

In addition, I don't want them wasting time ripping open my box of Mt Dew or digging through my innocent luggage just in case I'm one of those people trying to scam the system. This slows down the process for everyone.

I am tired of being punished, or inconvenienced because of the acts of others.

Naive? Or just plain stupid?

If someone burglarized a cabin and stole nothing other than alcohol, you're going to be missing the containers that contained the alcohol. That is still burglary even if you don't mention what was in the containers.

What would I say to security?? I would say someone burglarized my cabin and stole some of my belongings.

You can't be serious.

Obviously you have never filed a theft report.

Go figure...

Next smuggle, please.

Come back when you've racked up a few more posts, rookie.

:rolleyes:

LOL! This member you are calling names has been around these forums ten months longer than you have. How old are you? :rolleyes:

Gordie

Ol' Gordy must be a member of the Secret Security Cult and the Goody Twoshoes Club.

Yeah I guess so. Like some of the "pro-smugglers" in post #144.

A concept some can't quite grasp. Some just don't have the intelligence to figure out the difference between right and wrong. Can't fault most for that. Genetics?

Hey, have a nice cruise. Just be careful drinking out of those catheters - oops - I mean rum runners.

;)

LOL! This member you are calling names has been around these forums ten months longer than you have. How old are you? :rolleyes:

Gordie has been on barely a year and almost a third of his posts have been on this thread. The rest has been complaining on other threads. He definity does not post to give or get information, just to complain.

I thought there was a rule against filling bottles because of cross contamination but I guess you could fill a glass and then pour it in the water bottle. Too much work,I just buy the bottle water. I cant drink from the bathroom faucet. Who knows what germs are there! yuk lol Forget about the rumrunner. I am on a luxury cruise n I'm not drinking from that ugly thing! to each his own I guess.lol Looks like a leg bag the men wear in the nursing home. But thank you for the suggestion:)

Archived