has no one stayed at hilton cocoa beach

grinder172

i put this on florida board with no answer has anyone stayed here if so was it clean and how far from port. thanks;)

Haven't stayed there but I just recently changed my reservation from there to Best Western because Hilton had no balconies. We'll see if that was a wise move or not.

We live less 45 minutes from cocoa. My husband and i frequent there for weekends away without kids and day trips. Ive stayed at both of those hotels more than once. The Hilton is marvelous. Very clean and well kept. We would gladly return. The best western is hit or miss. We only stayed there twice because the second time we shut the lights off and were bombarded by roaches!! Needless to say, I freaked out and we never returned. The best western is a bit closer to the port since its farther north, though. The tower rooms are nicer. And right next to the pier. The Hilton is a bit more quiet. Enjoy ur trip!

The resort just to the north has a pretty good mexican restaurant. Theres a Dennys and a Sonny's barbecue less than half a mile plus a couple of other local places that we havent tried. We always have a vehicle with us when we go, so I guess I never thought much about it.

About 1 1/2 miles south is a places called Coconuts on the Beach. Its a local beach bar hang out with pretty good food(I'm partial to their sweet potato fries). It's well known for it's drinks, live band, and large deck on the beach. Always good to sit back, enjoy the scenery, and watch the drunks be silly. :)

As far as things to do, I wouldn't look for much more than some beach shops and of course, the beach. Most of the big restaurants, malls, and what not are over the bridge on Merrit Island or in the town of Cocoa. Theres a public park next door to the Hilton with playgrounds and parking for the beach. If you were to take a short cab ride maybe 2 miles or less you would hit Ron Jon Surf Shop. It is huge and definitely a highlight shop of the town. Right next to it is Cocoa Beach Surf Co. They sell basically the same thing as Ron Jons, but cheaper.They both have surf schools if your there in the warmer months.

Less than a mile north of that is the Cocoa beach pier. I do not reccomend the restuarant! But there used to be a small pub with pool tables at the base of the pier. Plus a large arcade(not sure of the age groups travelling with you).

If your able to drive or take a cab. A couple of the local favorites are:

Grills Seafood Deck and Tiki Bar at Cape Canaveral(about a mile or less from the ports): This is a waterfront restaurant with great fresh seafood! I've gotten ahi tuna there that melts in my mouth! Plus the best part is they are on the waterway of Port Canaveral. So if you time your arrival right you can watch the ships leave port while you dine.

Dixie Crossroads-Titusville(this is a bit of a drive(30 mins) I recomend a car. But this place is famous in the Central Florida area and maybe beyond for their seafood. Most of their seafood is fresh and local. They have been there many years. My parents took me when I was a child. we drove an hour just to eat there! If you go on a weekend night, be prepared for a wait. We've had to wait up to 1 1/2-2 hours before. They have a live band that usually plays on the weekend to lessen the pain of waiting. Try the broiled rock shrimp!

Hope you have a great trip!

Archived