Purchase Beverage Card or just charge to room?

dannymac41

Just wondering if it's worth pre-paying for a beverage card or charging to our stateroom. My wife and I are usually good for about 2 americano/espresso's and lattes each (4total) per day, plus perhaps 2-3 alcoholic drinks (beer for me, wine for her) each per late afternoon/evening. The odd soda here or there for me is good too, but maybe one or 2 every other day. Would a beverage card make sense? Thanks!

We don't drink sodas -- so that card isn't good for us.

DH has use of the Neptune coffee machine -- so we do not need to buy a Non-Alcoholic Beverage -- which has no savings.

We do like to have cocktails and after dinner drinks -- so the $250 Beverage Card just makes things easy for us. It saves us $25 (costs $225). Using the card just means that I don't have all those receipts to keep track of and I don't need to check our bill every few days. When you use the card -- the price of your drink and the 15% gratuity is subtracted off. You will get a receipt each time you use the card showing how much is left on the card. Much better than a long shipboard bill to check over.

How long is your cruise? There is just a smidge of a savings now on the $100 beverage card. The $250 still has the 10% savings.:)

I just find the beverage cards very useful as you don't have to worry about keeping track of all of the slips:)

You can buy them onboard or buy them on line before the cruise. I prefer to buy them in advance and that way, I don't have such a hefty bill when I get off the cruise :):)

On line, On board, it all counts for the mariner star statuse:D

What happens if you have any $ left on the card at the end of the cruise?
You automatically get a credit to your onboard account of any unused amount up to the purchase price, not the face value.

Note that you are paying full price for every drink up to the purchase price, and after that every drink is free. If you buy a $250 card for $225, but only use $225, you have gotten no discount at all.

Archived