Flying into Ft. Lauderdale

dpitula

Yikes! I just looked at my travel documents and even though I was sure we were flying direcly to Miami, I now find we are flying into Ft. Lauderdale. Arrving at 10.30 am - how much of a hassle will this be to get to the dock? And how long will it take. Needless to say I am a little pissed at my TA. We are flying back out of Miami - still don't know why we are into Ft. Lauderdale.

I agree. We got better prices flying into FLL for our cruise out of Miami. It's not that long a ride to Miami. We arranged our own air, so we didn't have transfers, which was no problem. We arranged a meet and greet town car at the airport with one of the limo companies, which was about $70, I think.

Thanks guys - I do feel better. Yes my TA did arrange transfers. I do hope I am on the ship by noon - that was my original thought when I believed I would be in Miami at 10:30am. Is it really 45 minutes to the pier? I was told it was only 20 miles.

I agree that flying into FLL is a lot better then miami but be grateful you don't have to fly out of it. Miami is much better for leaving the airport at FLL is way to small for all the ships that come in on saturday and sunday it's a complete mess.

If I leave out of there I always stay till monday it's much smoother and not the disaster the weekend is,

Tom

Thanks guys - I do feel better. Yes my TA did arrange transfers. I do hope I am on the ship by noon - that was my original thought when I believed I would be in Miami at 10:30am. Is it really 45 minutes to the pier? I was told it was only 20 miles.

It is only 20 miles away

One year my parents flew into Miami for a cruise departing from Ft. Lauderdale. While Miami and Ft. Lauderdale aren't that far apart, it took my parents 45 minutes to go from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. Don't worry, you'll be fine, as other posters have said here, this is a fairly common practice.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived