Question about room service

Mist_ynight

On Princess if you want something that is not on the breakfast room service menu you can add it on and they will bring it to you. I did this several times on my last cruise and I was wondering if you can do the same thing on Carnival.

On Princess if you want something that is not on the breakfast room service menu you can add it on and they will bring it to you. I did this several times on my last cruise and I was wondering if you can do the same thing on Carnival.

were you in a suite on Princess? or a regular cabin?

On Carnival they do not do this. The room service menu is what it is.

they place the order using the numebers

They have a continental breakfast menu to hang on the door at night with the time you want it delivered and than a second menu you would call but not breakfast items.

Unless you consider BLTs breakfast items- which I certainly do!:D

I was in a regular balcony cabin on Princess.

The continental breakfast is what I was talking about. I would put it out with items added like Bacon or fresh pineapple and I had no problem getting them. Just curious if anyone has done this on Carnival.

I haven't seen bacon. Wouldn't that be awesome! :D Just bagels, muffins, juice, etc. We usually use room service as a wake-up call. Dh gets coffee and a bagel and I get hot tea. It's nice while we're getting ready to head to the MDR for breakfast.

The continental breakfast is what I was talking about. I would put it out with items added like Bacon or fresh pineapple and I had no problem getting them. Just curious if anyone has done this on Carnival.

OMG! That was wonderful on Princess! On our Alaskan cruise, I wrote omelets, bagels, bacon, etc. 90% of the time I got exactly what I had written.

We really liked having a full breakfast in our cabin while whale watching from the balcony.

I've never tried it on Carnival, but think I will on my Paradise cruise in 2 weeks.

I haven't seen bacon. Wouldn't that be awesome! :D Just bagels, muffins, juice, etc. We usually use room service as a wake-up call. Dh gets coffee and a bagel and I get hot tea. It's nice while we're getting ready to head to the MDR for breakfast.

They don't advertise it but if you write it in on the bottom of the menu they will usually bring it to. I usually tip a little extra when they do :) I'm going to have to try it out and see what happens.

Marym933 can you please let me know if it works or not?

I Will try that on our Princess cruise next year.

I've also done this on Princess (and also from a regular class balcony cabin), but on my one cruise on Carnival I didn't really try it. We did use the continental breakfast form for room service breakfast and it was delivered on time, fresh and hot.

But in general found Carnival overall service to be much less that Princess. I think the old adage "you get what you pay for" is very true with cruising the mid-price lines. I can only imagine what it must be like on Cunard or Silversea or the like!

Archived