Grand Drink Specials

hobbsie65

Hi,

I know the Grand has had some pretty mixed reviews lately but I wonder if anyone who has just returned could tell me if there was a happy hour or specials and the times of these. Also, do they still do the buckets of beer specials?

Many thanks - we are still very much looking forward to sailing on her next week despite all the negative comments.

I am curious also about happy hour as we will be on the same cruise.

As far as the negative comments about the Grand lately on this site, I feel everyone has different preferences and what might be right for us maybe wrong for someone else. I figure I will check it out for myself! No judgement before I go because honestly I am going on vacation to warm climate can I really complain?

See ya aboard!!

I am curious also about happy hour as we will be on the same cruise.

As far as the negative comments about the Grand lately on this site, I feel everyone has different preferences and what might be right for us maybe wrong for someone else. I figure I will check it out for myself! No judgement before I go because honestly I am going on vacation to warm climate can I really complain?

See ya aboard!!

You are right! We jsut got off the Grand after Christmas. we had a great time! We enjoyed our servers, we ate in the Michaelangleo, the people there were all very good. We never waited, and even got a tablefor two on Christmas- we were fine sharing, but they said,, We can get you a table, no problem!

I didn't notice wear and tear. Yes, I saw some rust- nothing bad- since heck, it is at sea all the time.

Oh, the balcony, no mats. We were on Lido, BUT the balcony was clean, and the only 'thing' on the floor was salt from the sea, so I did wear my sandels out there, but I would've if there was that rough blue mat. I didn't miss the mat.

I think you will have a good time! I know we did!

I am just back from the 12/24/11 sailing of the Grand. I don't understand the mixed reviews. I thought it was just fine. A little rust in some out of the way places but this is the norm on a ship and it is something that the deck department is always working on. It is a constant cycle of chipping, priming and painting and you are going to see some rust on exterior surfaces from time to time.

As for the buckets of beer. When we first got on board We went to the topside, outdoor bar by the MUTS. The Oasis? They were having a 5 for the price of 4 special. It was $24. Later, I bought a single 20 oz beer and it was $6.05. The word "special" could be used in a positive or negative way.

As for the buckets of beer. When we first got on board We went to the topside' date=' outdoor bar by the MUTS. The Oasis? They were having a 5 for the price of 4 special. It was $24. Later, I bought a single 20 oz beer and it was $6.05. The word "special" could be used in a positive or negative way.[/quote']

Not understanding your point. At $6.05 for a single, five would cost Over $30, so five for $24 seems like a better deal unless the five were not 20oz size.

Archived