Q204 Continental Escape

LGC100

Anyone going on this 5 day voyage?

Short but with 2 sea days and 2 port days it should be a nice way for us to try QE.

Get in touch if you are joining us on this voyage.

I hope that you enjoy your mini cruise, but please bear in mind that these short cruises should not be confused with the "normal " cruises, in relation to the passengers , the dress code, and the selection/taste of the food.

Cunard (and I assume other lines) tend to cut corners on these short "taster" cruises in many ways. There were some unhappy long time passengers who were dissapointed with the 4 day short cruise after the QM2 refit, as shown in their reviews.

I would not want you to assume that conditions on a "taster" cruise are those you would find on a 14 days cruise.

I hope that you enjoy your mini cruise, but please bear in mind that these short cruises should not be confused with the "normal " cruises, in relation to the passengers , the dress code, and the selection/taste of the food.

Cunard (and I assume other lines) tend to cut corners on these short "taster" cruises in many ways. There were some unhappy long time passengers who were dissapointed with the 4 day short cruise after the QM2 refit, as shown in their reviews.

I would not want you to assume that conditions on a "taster" cruise are those you would find on a 14 days cruise.

For what we've paid it can't be any worse than a North Sea Ferry. Thanks for the warning but we were aware that it might not be the same as our QM2 taster but it'll do to be going on with until we book a T/A later in the year.

Our QM2 voyage was being 'refitted' in transit prior to dry dock so I guess that's why it was also a discounted cruise. Add to that an outbreak of norovirus but we still loved every minute.

LGC100

So pleased to read that you enjoy QM2,it is sad when a new comer joins the ship for just 2/3 days , has a bad experience and never cruises with Cunard again.

Go and have a wonderful time. I will be joining QV in Feb for a Panama cruise, waiting for the paperwork to arrive in the mail, so I can really start to get excited. (my 20th cruise with Cunard)

Although I live in FL now (been in USA since 1977) lived in Lincs several times with the RAF.

Best wishes for a very good 2012

Our 1st ever cruise on QM2 was 11 nights. We had considered a short cruise but then after reading the reviews decided on 11 nights.

We will take the short cruise on QE with an open mind but for us it won't matter too much. It's just a short break and a chance to try another Cunard ship at a good price. 2013 is a special 'big' birthday for me and I hope to have tried the QV as well before it so that we can choose our favourite for our 'special' treat next year

Enjoy your QV trip. Have you a favourite as I guess you have been on all three?

Did the QE2, rather a long time ago now, have yet to do the present QR, may do that Panama Canal in 2013, but as will be 86 in just 5 weeks, it is only a maybe until I see how mobile I am.

I go on QV (almost identical to QE as you know) in Feb and have a 24 day trip NY/Iberia/NY on the QM2 for Aug this year.

I am limited in where I can go now as flying to Europe or Australia is too much for me. Strange as it may seem it is easier for me to go out of New York than to go out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale,a pity since Celebrity goes out of FL and that would be an alternative.Crystal and Regent are beyond my income I regret to say.

Lynn

Archived