What's up with PH2's?

heidik

I am looking at my first Oceania cruise -- the Marina 10-day Miami to Miami in Feb. I am wondering why all categories are waitlisted except the PH2's -- there are a bunch of them still available to book............is there something I should know about the PH2's on the Marina?

I am looking at my first Oceania cruise -- the Marina 10-day Miami to Miami in Feb. I am wondering why all categories are waitlisted except the PH2's -- there are a bunch of them still available to book............is there something I should know about the PH2's on the Marina?

Funny that you should ask about the PH2's, because there really has been no complaint about them. They are gorgeous rooms, and only differ from the PH1's in that thay are further forward or aft:

000106.jpg

140811.jpg140823.jpg

Oddly, there was a bit of a conundrum on these boards about the PH3's not too long ago, because the majority of them may be found on deck 10 which can be shadowed by the overhang of deck 11.

000407.jpg

Deck 10 is the deck with the two portholes.

191612.jpg

In June we travelled on the Marina in a PH1 suite,11048. We were very disappointed with the overhang from the deck above. It reduced the amount of sunlight getting into the room and also made outdoor photography less than optimal. If we travel Oceania again it will only be on one of the smaller ships.

In June we travelled on the Marina in a PH1 suite,11048. We were very disappointed with the overhang from the deck above. ...

We were on deck 10 in a PH3 (10034) and had no issue with the overhang. Plenty of light, and did not really notice it on the balcony. I would have concerns about a suite on deck 11.

• 3 weeks later...

I am sailing on Riviera shortly after the inauguration. I am currently on deck 10 and will most likely stick with my deck choice but I did have a question about the overhang. Does the overhang run the entire length of the ship? Is the overhang caused by deck 11 or deck 12? On the photo provided by JimandStan they indicate that deck 10 is shown with two portholes but I thought that was deck 11 according to the deck plans on the Oceania website. Never having sailed on this class of ship before I am a little confused especially when Won2go makes mention of the overhang affecting their suite on deck 11.

I have tried looking at multiple photos of the Marina and assuming Riviera is an identical copy of her sister ship but the photos I am finding just don't show what I am looking for. Clearly I am not understanding the layout of the upper decks and any information to help clarify this for me would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ashley

I am sailing on Riviera shortly after the inauguration. I am currently on deck 10 and will most likely stick with my deck choice but I did have a question about deck 11. Does the overhang run the entire length of the ship? I was more concerned with noise from above staying on deck 11 than the overhang from 11 if I stay on 10. It is hard to tell from the photos just how much overhang there really. I am a little confused by the comments posted by which speaks to an overhang obscuring light into their deck 11 suite. I thought it was deck 11 that WAS the overhang?

If you can shed any light on the issue, no pun intended, I would be most grateful.

Ashley

I phrased it badly before.

165836.jpg

The Pool Deck or Deck 12 is the overhang.

143338.jpg

Deck 11 is impacted the most, and the overhang does run the entire length of the ship.

JimandStan, thank you for the clarification and for the great ship photo. It now makes sense to me. From the photo provided I can see what everyone is talking about. The overhang does throw shadow onto the deck 11 suite balconies but I am sure that would be welcomed in the warmer climates. Clearly its not that much of an issue because, from my understanding, the PH suite category is very popular on Marina and if the overhang caused that much of a problem guests would not book those suites. From the looks of things my deck 10 location should not really be affected. I appreciate your prompt response to my enquiry.

Ashley

This may be a minority opinion but we had no issues with the deck 12 overhang. We were in cabin 11007 on our cruise in September (Venice to Istanbul) and took many spectacular photographs and also felt protected from the hot sun on multiple 90+ degree days.

We are in cabin 11006 on the Continental Connoisseur cruise this coming September.

Clearly its not that much of an issue because, from my understanding, the PH suite category is very popular on Marina

Mostly because the Penthouses on Marina are so fabulous. Honestly I think that they may have over-improved them.

marina-penthouse-suite.jpgMARINA-Penthouse-Suite-1_1.jpg

So easy to live in :)

Archived