Navigator pub?

Is Navigator's pub smoking or non-smoking please? Mariner's is unbearable with smoke, however, Voyager's is non-smoking.

Have no recent experience, but I suspect it is smoking. Royal seems to want to have at least one smoking venue on the Promenade. Voyager has the Sports Bar for the smoking venue, so they can make the pub non-smoking. Mariner and Navigator have Vintages (non-smoking) in place of the Sports Bar.

Just off the Navigator Dec. 24th. It was non smoking for the previous 2 weeks but in Vintages, where tapas are served they allowed smoking, go figure. We were told that they were changing the entire Promanade area to nonsmoking for the next cruise. Maybe someone who was on over Christmas/NYE can chime in.

Just off the Navigator Dec. 24th. It was non smoking for the previous 2 weeks but in Vintages, where tapas are served they allowed smoking, go figure. We were told that they were changing the entire Promanade area to nonsmoking for the next cruise. Maybe someone who was on over Christmas/NYE can chime in.

That's the first time I've ever heard of smoking in any Vintages.

When were the tapas served?

When were the tapas served?

Not sure of the exact hours. For sure early evening and I think it was for most of the night. It is listed in the compass.

It was a plate with mussels (with a very tasty sauce/oil??), cheese, toasted bread, maybe chocolate covered strawberries and some other stuff I cannot remember. There was no charge for it.

Not sure of the exact hours. For sure early evening and I think it was for most of the night. It is listed in the compass.

It was a plate with mussels (with a very tasty sauce/oil??), cheese, toasted bread, maybe chocolate covered strawberries and some other stuff I cannot remember. There was no charge for it.

Oh yum...thanks!

There was a smoking area in Vintages on Mariner also. It was the smokiest ship I've been on. I still have hopes that things may change due to the comments above about NOS changing to all non-smoking on the Promenade. Going back to Mariner late Feb. Maybe there have been enough complaints that changes may have been made. At any rate, glad to hear about the pub on NOS. We will be on her next December.

Just off the Mariner New Year's sailing. The Wig & Gavel smoking was rediculous. Loved the Pig & Whistle on Voyager, but the Mariner's pub was just nasty with smoke every day with pretty much the same crowd staking it out every night. Had to change up my usual routine and find other spots for before / after dinner drinks. Turned the place into a smoker's lounge, and I rarely even heard live music played there. And yes, it did smell as you walked by. Royal, please have a separate smoking/sports lounge somewhere and give us back a promenade pub (not a smokers lounge) on the Mariner.

Archived