What happens to OBC when ....

momofdss

you have to cancel your booking of a ES fully paid cruise? We are just 10 days away from sailing and will have to cancel due to family medical reasons. We have a little OBC on one of the cabins, and I was wondering what will Carnival do with that? Will it be held for future use or is it lost completely?

And .... we have "cancel any reason" insurance with MH Ross... has anyone dealt with them? Just curious if I'm going to have a hassle canceling and getting my refund....

Thanks in advance to all you cruisecritic enthusiasts.... you've helped me more than once!!

Not an authority here, but since you cancellation would cause you to forfeit the entire cruise amount (even though you're reimbursed by insurance) that Carnival would treat it just like a complete cruise with OBC "left over". Therefore, I would think you'd get a check from Carnival or AT LEAST have the OBC apply to a future cruise. But, what do I know ? Never had this come up before.

Not an authority here, but since you cancellation would cause you to forfeit the entire cruise amount (even though you're reimbursed by insurance) that Carnival would treat it just like a complete cruise with OBC "left over". Therefore, I would think you'd get a check from Carnival or AT LEAST have the OBC apply to a future cruise. But, what do I know ? Never had this come up before.

Well, OBC from stock and FCC is lose it or use it, and OP can't use it. Its nonrefundable OBC.

Thats why I asked where the OBC is from. But I cant think of any scenerio that they would get OBC back.

the OBC is from a price reduction....

the cruise was booked ES, paid in full when due and now we sail in 10 days but are going to have to cancel.. :(

i knew you would probably know firefly.... a lot of talk about the down side of booking ES -- i see that now... lesson learned - the pvp talked me into it!!

If your insurance pays out 100% of what you paid then wouldn't that also include the portion that is now considered OBC and therefore that would be lost when you cancel.

eg; if your cruise cost $1000 (for arguements sake) and it then was reduced to $800 + $200 OBC the insurance company should pay you $1000 and the OBC forfeited

I have no idea about OBC. My theory is.. the OBC would not be refundable nor go to another cruise. I say that because an OBC could have been a "perk" for that one cruise only. If able to move it cruise to cruise, it might become a norm for some cruisers to transfer the OBC to another cruise of their own choosing. As a perk, it's usually an incentive to buy into a certain cruise to increase sales on that particular sailing.

Archived