Slight Change to the Menus

MissKIA

Change #3: one of the comfort food selections is new - "beef stroganoff".

Change #4: there is a new salad - "California spring mix and cherry tomatoes."

Change #5: there is a "petit filet mignon" available with the short-ribs.

Change #6: the description of the escargots has changed slightly.

Change #7: unless I'm mistaken - the "New England crab cake" is a new appetizer.

Change #8 (others have already mentioned): salmon is available on the every day menu (yeeessss!!!!!!!!!!)

Change #9: the Indian Vegetarian option on the every day menu has changed its wording slightly to be a bit more descriptive (i.e. it's not just "our chef will make you something!")

Change #10: they have added asterisks (*s) notes to each menu stating the usual disclaimer about eating raw or undercooked meats.

That's it so far............I'll keep looking.

Yeah............you could say I've got a photographic memory when it comes to Carnival's menus. I've spent enough time looking over them god knows.........

..Trin..

Change #3: one of the comfort food selections is new - "beef stroganoff".

Change #4: there is a new salad - "California spring mix and cherry tomatoes."

Change #5: there is a "petit filet mignon" available with the short-ribs.

Change #6: the description of the escargots has changed slightly.

Change #7: unless I'm mistaken - the "New England crab cake" is a new appetizer.

Change #8 (others have already mentioned): salmon is available on the every day menu (yeeessss!!!!!!!!!!)

Change #9: the Indian Vegetarian option on the every day menu has changed its wording slightly to be a bit more descriptive (i.e. it's not just "our chef will make you something!")

Change #10: they have added asterisks (*s) notes to each menu stating the usual disclaimer about eating raw or undercooked meats.

That's it so far............I'll keep looking.

Yeah............you could say I've got a photographic memory when it comes to Carnival's menus. I've spent enough time looking over them god knows.........

..Trin..

I used to always get the petite filet on the shortribs (the ribs are better than the filet lol), so that isn't new nor is the crab cake - always get that too.

Is their fried chicken good? I saw that last night and started to salivate. Of course I am on a precruise diet, so anything other than a protein shake and water sounds like a delicacy right about now lol

OK..really sad no rack of lamb because I love lamb....but here is the embarassing part...and we took care of a fellow rancher's bumbs when he had a heart attack when I was in high school so no judging...

I like lamb roast, lamb curry over rice and lamb chops..or of course rack of lamb. I really like flame broiled or carcoal bbq plain great lamb chops the best with mint jelly...has anyone ever been able to get plain lamb with mint jelly??...please do not bash me..i like ketchup with steak too..and have also earned that right..you work it at any time in your life..... you get it your way......LOL..(but can eat it (beef) plain...not my lamb chops..LOL. I may have to smuggle mint jelly!!!

PS...I hate lamb with beans and lentils ....LOL...no beans in my curry..either...thanks..s.

Oh No! I don't see the small portion of mac & cheese (it was a side to a few different entrees on several different nights)? I just see a bacon mac & cheese on one night as their "from our comfort kitchen". I hope I'm just overlooking it because it was AWESOME.

Here is a pic of mac & cheese that another cruisecritic member posted.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/jktmeyer/Ecstasy%20September%202011/DSC_0075.jpg

Debbie

Oh No! I don't see the small portion of mac & cheese (it was a side to a few different entrees on several different nights)? I just see a bacon mac & cheese on one night as their "from our comfort kitchen". I hope I'm just overlooking it because it was AWESOME.

Here is a pic of mac & cheese that another cruisecritic member posted.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/jktmeyer/Ecstasy%20September%202011/DSC_0075.jpg

Debbie

hasn`t that always on the kids menu, as well as the now popular burgers and chicken fingers?

broiled maine lobster tail and jumbo black tiger shrimp

potato mash, roasted broccoli florets

tender roasted prime rib of american beef au jus

cooked to perfection, baked potato with traditional toppings

We just got off the Spirit 15 day to Hawaii that sailed on 12/2/2011. I don't know if you sail frequently and have had these on the ship/Carnival before, but for our sailing the maine lobster tail was about the size of a piece of perch once taken off the shell. We're from the Chicago area and when they say lobster tail you get about 1 pound and you would have needed about 6 or 7 of these babies to come close.

Also the "jumbo" black tiger shrimp...I have no idea how they measure jumbo. In our book these were no where near jumbo anything. We figured they were about the size where when you buy them at the store you get about 32 to the pound. Quite small, unfortunately.

I am not a seafood eater; however, DH is and was so disappointed when getting his entree. Even the waiter when DH ordered whispered to him, "you look like you enjoy seafood so I'm going to bring you two to start with".

When our order was brought to the table a man sitting at a table across from us asked what DH got as he was placing his order and couldn't believe it either. He looked at his waiter and told him, "you'd better start me out with four of those puppies" and the waiter told him that he could start with two and go from there.

As for the "tender" prime rib. Another miss. I couldn't even cut it with the steak knife. I did send that piece back, but the next they brought out was too red for my liking so I just gave up and ate the baked potato. FYI, the au jus wasn't au jus either, it was some kind of thick gravy!

We've never sailed on Carnival before so we have nothing to compare to the old menu. We did sail on Celebrity once and on their formal night they offered these same items and it was outstanding. Large lobster tail and real jumbo shrimp, of which they gave 5 about the size of your fist! The prime rib was so tender you could cut it with your fork.

Again, this was our opinion of the food and what was served to us. Maybe others got better than we did or maybe other ships in the Carnival line get better food. We're from the Chicago area and we're used to really good food. Who knows, maybe we expect too much, but I was not at all impressed with any of the menu on our cruise and was stumped to find something to eat at each meal.

On the plus side, the day we were to debark, they served an out of this world breakfast! Where was that food the whole cruise???

I hope ours was the exception and we just got a few bad plates and that you all will have delicious food! I do love my food and on this cruise I ended up loosing 7 pounds over the 15 days...that can be a plus! LOL:D

Happy Sailing!

We just got off the Spirit 15 day to Hawaii that sailed on 12/2/2011. I don't know if you sail frequently and have had these on the ship/Carnival before, but for our sailing the maine lobster tail was about the size of a piece of perch once taken off the shell. We're from the Chicago area and when they say lobster tail you get about 1 pound and you would have needed about 6 or 7 of these babies to come close.

Also the "jumbo" black tiger shrimp...I have no idea how they measure jumbo. In our book these were no where near jumbo anything. We figured they were about the size where when you buy them at the store you get about 32 to the pound. Quite small, unfortunately.

I am not a seafood eater; however, DH is and was so disappointed when getting his entree. Even the waiter when DH ordered whispered to him, "you look like you enjoy seafood so I'm going to bring you two to start with".

When our order was brought to the table a man sitting at a table across from us asked what DH got as he was placing his order and couldn't believe it either. He looked at his waiter and told him, "you'd better start me out with four of those puppies" and the waiter told him that he could start with two and go from there.

As for the "tender" prime rib. Another miss. I couldn't even cut it with the steak knife. I did send that piece back, but the next they brought out was too red for my liking so I just gave up and ate the baked potato. FYI, the au jus wasn't au jus either, it was some kind of thick gravy!

We've never sailed on Carnival before so we have nothing to compare to the old menu. We did sail on Celebrity once and on their formal night they offered these same items and it was outstanding. Large lobster tail and real jumbo shrimp, of which they gave 5 about the size of your fist! The prime rib was so tender you could cut it with your fork.

Again, this was our opinion of the food and what was served to us. Maybe others got better than we did or maybe other ships in the Carnival line get better food. We're from the Chicago area and we're used to really good food. Who knows, maybe we expect too much, but I was not at all impressed with any of the menu on our cruise and was stumped to find something to eat at each meal.

On the plus side, the day we were to debark, they served an out of this world breakfast! Where was that food the whole cruise???

I hope ours was the exception and we just got a few bad plates and that you all will have delicious food! I do love my food and on this cruise I ended up loosing 7 pounds over the 15 days...that can be a plus! LOL:D

Happy Sailing!

CCL lobster used to be really awesome (and living in ME allows me to call myself somewhat an expert). It has been lacking for the past 2+ years on CCL ships, however CCL lobster is still better than RCI or NCL...not that THAT would be difficult as their idea of lobster tail doesn't even resemble one...

Jumbo shrimp are what you get. Jumbo shrimp are not very large. heck, I buy collossal shrimp and think they're not that big either. Believe it or not, if you were to weigh out a pound of CCL's jumbo shrimp, you would get the correct count.

Beef on CCL, like the lobster is NOT the same....sad but true. I now avoid the beef dishes unless I go to the steakhouse.

Believe it or not, I sailed Celebrity back in 2006 and came away thinking CCL food was if not equal to, but maybe even a bit better...THAT is how far CCL has declined over the past 5 years!!!!

However...in all reality, you get what you pay for...........

Still serving ribs on elegant night .... dumbazzes.

LOL... I know. Nothin like messy BBQ food when you're dressed up a bit. :p

It's a good representation of management and their decision making of late....Like from the minds of a couple 12 year olds.

Happy Sailing!

You have such a good attitude on your dream Hawaii cruise, wow..weight loss for me i guess would be a plus too..but do not look for that on travel.. and i do often when i travel as just more active someplace warm...but wow so sad to hear how bad food is getting when years ago they were so good and worked to get there, enjoyed your review..better food next time anywhere any ship is wished for you...Sarah

OK..really sad no rack of lamb because I love lamb....but here is the embarassing part...and we took care of a fellow rancher's bumbs when he had a heart attack when I was in high school so no judging...

I like lamb roast, lamb curry over rice and lamb chops..or of course rack of lamb. I really like flame broiled or carcoal bbq plain great lamb chops the best with mint jelly...has anyone ever been able to get plain lamb with mint jelly??...please do not bash me..i like ketchup with steak too..and have also earned that right..you work it at any time in your life..... you get it your way......LOL..(but can eat it (beef) plain...not my lamb chops..LOL. I may have to smuggle mint jelly!!!

PS...I hate lamb with beans and lentils ....LOL...no beans in my curry..either...thanks..s.

Anyone see mint jelly on Carnival?? Steakhouse?? Think kitchen would take a pre-request??

I am sure going to miss the Rack of Lamb!:( Just more cost cutting measures and they want to get you into the Steak House.....:rolleyes:

I really think you are right,,,they really sound like the meat is bad more often than not...now...in Main..Sarah

Eric the Beard posted new menus on John Heald's page today. I checked them over and there a slight changes. Nothing to get too excited about. Salmon is now on the everyday menu instead of Mahi Mahi and Mahi Mahi is now available on the day Salmon was offered. A few name changes, such as Delice of the Ocean is now Seafood Platter. There might be others that I haven't noticed.

Hopefully this link is allowed!

http://johnhealdsblog.com/menus/2012-01-03/

any link about food is a good one.

bigcraig- we cruise for food too LOL

The steakhouse is amazing though.

It is!!

I only wish they had a couple different dining options on each ship OR added more things to the stak house menu so I could go numerous times. CCL's steak house is well worth the added cost, imo.

Archived