Slight Change to the Menus

MissKIA

I agree. I never had any interest in having lunch in the dining room before. There are a few things on this new menu that I'd like to try.

I liked the steak salad, spaghetti & meatballs and the creme caramel.

Except for the Vacation Sundae, the new lunch menu doesn't interest me.

I can't believe they will have the same lunch menu every sea day. Some cruises I've been on have 3 or 4 sea days.

We just got off the Spirit 15 day to Hawaii that sailed on 12/2/2011. I don't know if you sail frequently and have had these on the ship/Carnival before, but for our sailing the maine lobster tail was about the size of a piece of perch once taken off the shell. We're from the Chicago area and when they say lobster tail you get about 1 pound and you would have needed about 6 or 7 of these babies to come close.

Also the "jumbo" black tiger shrimp...I have no idea how they measure jumbo. In our book these were no where near jumbo anything. We figured they were about the size where when you buy them at the store you get about 32 to the pound. Quite small, unfortunately.

I am not a seafood eater; however, DH is and was so disappointed when getting his entree. Even the waiter when DH ordered whispered to him, "you look like you enjoy seafood so I'm going to bring you two to start with".

When our order was brought to the table a man sitting at a table across from us asked what DH got as he was placing his order and couldn't believe it either. He looked at his waiter and told him, "you'd better start me out with four of those puppies" and the waiter told him that he could start with two and go from there.

As for the "tender" prime rib. Another miss. I couldn't even cut it with the steak knife. I did send that piece back, but the next they brought out was too red for my liking so I just gave up and ate the baked potato. FYI, the au jus wasn't au jus either, it was some kind of thick gravy!

We've never sailed on Carnival before so we have nothing to compare to the old menu. We did sail on Celebrity once and on their formal night they offered these same items and it was outstanding. Large lobster tail and real jumbo shrimp, of which they gave 5 about the size of your fist! The prime rib was so tender you could cut it with your fork.

Again, this was our opinion of the food and what was served to us. Maybe others got better than we did or maybe other ships in the Carnival line get better food. We're from the Chicago area and we're used to really good food. Who knows, maybe we expect too much, but I was not at all impressed with any of the menu on our cruise and was stumped to find something to eat at each meal.

On the plus side, the day we were to debark, they served an out of this world breakfast! Where was that food the whole cruise???

I hope ours was the exception and we just got a few bad plates and that you all will have delicious food! I do love my food and on this cruise I ended up loosing 7 pounds over the 15 days...that can be a plus! LOL:D

Happy Sailing!

We just got off the Paradise yesterday and I have to agree with you about the food. It was awful. We have cruised 7 times before on Carnival and this was the first time with the new menu. Everything you stated was exactly what we experienced. As soon as we got home we did call Carnival and voice our opinion. Got tired of eating sandwiches or hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch since the lunch food was very dry and tasted awful. Did not want Mongolian everyday because of spices.

You are right about the breakfast the last day. Where was this food all week. Even in the dining room.

All I can say is they did have different choices, but what happend to the quality of that choice? Are they ordering from a different vendor.

We will be going on the Victory in Feb. DH said that if the food is like this on all ships we will be looking into a different line.

Oh and M50 cabin has a very musty smell. Thank goodness this ship is going into dry dock. It will get rid of the musty smell areas.

I wish they would stop combining the shrimp with the lobster-I'm allergic to shrimp. I miss surf and turf.

If you are allergic to it, let them know ahead of time. In fact, any food allergies can be brought to their attention prior to your cruise and then again when you board, you check with the maitre'd.

All cruise lines I have sailed including CCL try to accomodate any dietary requests.

Still serving ribs on elegant night .... dumbazzes.

+1

chateaubriand with sauce béarnaise

sliced, grilled beef tenderloin.

Tenderloin is back instead of shoulder.:):)

I'm happy they changed that back. What they did was comparable to offering Filet Mignon made from a slice of brisket. :)

We just got off the Paradise yesterday and I have to agree with you about the food. It was awful. We have cruised 7 times before on Carnival and this was the first time with the new menu. Everything you stated was exactly what we experienced. As soon as we got home we did call Carnival and voice our opinion. Got tired of eating sandwiches or hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch since the lunch food was very dry and tasted awful. Did not want Mongolian everyday because of spices.

You are right about the breakfast the last day. Where was this food all week. Even in the dining room.

All I can say is they did have different choices, but what happend to the quality of that choice? Are they ordering from a different vendor.

We will be going on the Victory in Feb. DH said that if the food is like this on all ships we will be looking into a different line.

Oh and M50 cabin has a very musty smell. Thank goodness this ship is going into dry dock. It will get rid of the musty smell areas.

:( I'll be on the Paradise in 2 weeks. I'm in M169. I hope it smells better than your cabin. I'll take the lysol just in case.

:( I'll be on the Paradise in 2 weeks. I'm in M169. I hope it smells better than your cabin. I'll take the lysol just in case.

If there is any kind of odor, ask Guest Services to get rid of it or move you to a different cabin.

They have industrial strength stuff, plus ozonators that can get rid of all kinds of odors.

I have asked for mint jelly before and received in the past, but haven't asked recently.

Thanks so much..I will not be afraid to call for it if I see lamb on menus when I go..Sarah

It is like no fresh cranberry mold with a fresh turkey to me..thanks..Sarah

I liked the steak salad, spaghetti & meatballs and the creme caramel.

Except for the Vacation Sundae, the new lunch menu doesn't interest me.

I can't believe they will have the same lunch menu every sea day. Some cruises I've been on have 3 or 4 sea days.

The steak salad was reccomended to me the day I had lunch in dining room and it was very good I thought as well..Sarah

We had an inside cabin and that may have been the reason. Even though the cabin smelled musty and that some of food was not so great we had a great time and made sure we enjoyed our cruise. :o Enjoy your cruise with wonderful memories that will last a lifetime!

Archived