Basic Balcony or Deluxe Balcony - VENTURA

newparents

We have a regular balcony cabin booked but in the cabin there will be 2 adults a toddler and a baby and we are thinking of changing to a deluxe balcony, its almost £700 more expensive so i am a bit unsure, Have U had a deluxe CC grade cabin and did it feel very spacious??

Thanks xx

Hi,

we've just come back from Ventura and we had a deluxe balcony cabin. We have 2 children ages 5 and 15. It was great to have the extra space and the children slept on the double sofa bed which Allwyn prepared for us every evening. It meant that we had a double bed rather than having the beds in bunk bed formation. We also had a bath which was great for the 6 year old.

Other perks are champagne and chocolates on arrival. Bath robes and slippers. Atlas and binoculars and also some magazines.

Whatever you decide you'll have a fantastic time:D

In a normal balcony cabin one of the adults may end up in the pullman berth, it is too easy for toddlers to fall off the end of the bed and we refused to put our then 3 year old up there.

The sofa bed in the super deluxe was much better.

We are being offered either D or E deck, if the extra space in room would def come in very handy, i thought it was still pulldown bed in Deluxe balcony so its good that its not, if we choose D Deck we're at the back, if we choose E deck we're at the front (easier for kids club), thanks everyone x

Having done ventura in a normal balcony with a toddler and about to do Ventura in a deluxe balcony next week - I''l let you know... but go for one at the rear on D not E

Rear as near the kids club and night nursery etc D as not directly over havana.

Blitz

If it is £700 difference for a two week cruise I would do it. We sailed on Ventura with a baby and 4 year old, and later that year we sailed on Azura in a regular balcony and missed the extra space for them to play, the bath and the sofa bed. The two TVs worked well as it meant the kids could watch their usual rubbish while we caught up with the news etc. The only issue might be space if you have the sofa bed folded out and you need a travel cot too. I am not sure it would be possible as the cabin narrows. Last year on Azura when when we did have a deluxe again I was relegated to the sofa bed with the youngest and my husband and son got the bed!

• 5 weeks later...

does anyone know if its possible to book a balcony cabin (deluxe preferably) that will hold 2 adults + 2 kids and a 10 month old which will need a travel cot.

there is now way we can afford a suite.

the cruise we are hoping for is on ventura

TIA

For the extera £700 for the fortnight and for the four of you I would book the superior balcony cabin. They are more spacious and you do get a bath, albeit a small bath it will be suitable for the children.

Hope you get things sorted :)

Archived