Cost for one personal training session?

Host Caroline

Hello Caroline, I work out quite a bit and have another idea for you that I believe would be more economical. If you guys have time and since your DH is most likely going to want to get into a gym after you return from your trip, I would recommend this: Find a local gym that he might want to try when he gets back and get some instruction there before you leave. All of the land based gyms I have been in have this available and most of the weight training gear on the ship is basically the same stuff you will find in your local gym. I can almost guarantee the cost would be MUCH less doing it that way. There is not really too much to learn (safety is the key) and each person has to kind of figure out what works for them as they are getting started with this new hobby. Just a thought and I hope you guys have a great time. -Glenn

Hello Caroline, I work out quite a bit and have another idea for you that I believe would be more economical. If you guys have time and since your DH is most likely going to want to get into a gym after you return from your trip, I would recommend this: Find a local gym that he might want to try when he gets back and get some instruction there before you leave. All of the land based gyms I have been in have this available and most of the weight training gear on the ship is basically the same stuff you will find in your local gym. I can almost guarantee the cost would be MUCH less doing it that way. There is not really too much to learn (safety is the key) and each person has to kind of figure out what works for them as they are getting started with this new hobby. Just a thought and I hope you guys have a great time. -Glenn

I think your suggestion on a land based trainer would probably be more economical. However, I think there is a lot to learn with a good trainer. I've worked with a personal trainer for about a year. He is a degreed and has taught me more than I could have ever imagined. Yes, safety is key and doing exercises with good form helps one stay safe. I've been lucky as my trainer taught me so many different variations of exercises with free weights, cables, equipment, etc. Not only does variety keep one from getting bored it keeps your muscles "guessing" and not adapting to something you do over and over. So, for me there was alot to learn. Now I just have to start working out with him again as I haven't for several months and gained weight over the last few months - yuck:(

Caroline, even though it might be a bit more expensive (I think when I was on the Sapphire last May it was close to $100 a session) it might be fun for your DH to try one session on the ship to see what he thinks. If nothing else, the view is amazing in the gym on the ship. I was tempted to try one session to compare it to my regular trainer's style.

Archived