Chankanaab and Mr. Sanchos?

donoiv

We are planning on doing the dolphin swim at Chankanaab in the morning... but really want to relax on the beach for the rest of the day. Does it make sense to take a cab to Mr Sanchos... or should we stay at Chankanaab for the whole day?

The beach doesn't look to be all that great at Chankanaab... at least, not in the pictures I have seen. Anyone have pictures of the beach?

Thanks!

I think this is very reasonable to do. It doesn't cost anything to get into Mr Sanchos if you don't do the AI and it is on the way back. If you start in the morning, do the swim, then spend some time exploring Chankanaab (It is beautiful there, you will probably want to stay), then go to Mr. Sanchos around lunch time, that would be a good day.

We enjoyed our day at Mr. Sanchos on our Thanksgiving cruise but Chankanaab has remained our favorite place in Cozumel.

Chankanaab is beautiful and so much there to do...along with relaxing on the beach and beautiful lagoon with iguanas walking around.

If you are doing one of the swims, your admission to the park is free (where normally it is $21pp to get in). It is a national park.

Here is my review with a link at the bottom of the page for tons of pictures around Chankanaab: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30683350&postcount=59

Search Google Images or you-tube

Here is an one of many

Thanks. I have looked at pictures and videos... Too many actually :). I guess I was just trying to get so input... The park looks really nice ... But I hear that the beach isn't really a beach... More of a sandy area above the water... And getting into the water looks difficult at best. I've been to nachi... Loved it... But don't want to pay for two full excursions. Does it make sense to go to mr sanchos... Or paradise beach?

Archived