Deck 12 on Sapphire

piejamin

Hello

My question is about the Terrace pool on the 12th deck aft. Can you access that pool from the 12th floor or do you have to go up to 13? We were thinking of a room on 12th floor to hit the nearby Terrace pool, but not if you have to go up to get there!

Thanks

Hello

My question is about the Terrace pool on the 12th deck aft. Can you access that pool from the 12th floor or do you have to go up to 13? We were thinking of a room on 12th floor to hit the nearby Terrace pool, but not if you have to go up to get there!

Thanks

I was on the Crown recently on the deck with the Terrace Pool & there was a door leading to a couple of steps up to the pool which based on the deck plan is the same thing on the Sapphire.

I am not superstitious but just like hotels & other places, there is no deck 13 on a ship which becomes deck 14 instead. We found our aft cabin to be very convenient to get to the Terrace Pool & one deck up to the Horizon Court.

There's a door at the end of the corridor to the Terrace pool. I've read remarks by others to not book right near the door because people go through it day and night, sometimes slamming the door and they were bothered by that.

There's a door at the end of the corridor to the Terrace pool. I've read remarks by others to not book right near the door because people go through it day and night, sometimes slamming the door and they were bothered by that.

I agree with Pam. Don't book the cabin right next to the door. I've stayed in the aft (view of the wake) Aloha deck cabin A749 that is right next to the one that is right next to that door. It was great. Very, very quiet. The only time I really heard noise was one night when they did the Deck party at the Aft pool. Once you go through the door it's just a couple steps up to the aft pool and a few more steps up to the buffet. Great location!

We had that cabin right next to the door. We did not notice any noise from the door. We had a little noise in the morning as the moved chairs on the deck above us. We were on a Mexico cruise in Dec. So maybe not that many people were using the aft pool or that door to get to it. Maybe that is why we did not hear aything.

By the way there is no deck 13 on Princess ships. The deck above 12 is 14. I guess 13 is considered unlucky.

I've also been in the second cabin and never heard a thing. Have also stayed a couple of cabins further down, I llove this aft Aloha location as you are only steps from the aft deck, close to the aft elevators and the buffet is close by for snacks :)

I've also been in the second cabin and never heard a thing. Have also stayed a couple of cabins further down, I llove this aft Aloha location as you are only steps from the aft deck, close to the aft elevators and the buffet is close by for snacks :)

We stayed in a cabin in the same location on the Crown which because it has the extra deck was on deck 14...R749. This aft facing cabin only had 2 portholes but as a free upgrade from an inside cabin it was great without any noise issues.

Hello

Thanks

We had room very near aft on deck 12 on Saphire in May on our Alaska cruise. You go out door at end of hall the after you get outside up a short flight of steps and you are at pool...then you can go up another short flight and be on deck 14 right in the buffet area. Very convenient room location to just walk up and grab a quick snack at the buffet.

These pictures are from the Diamond Princess...sister like ship to the Sapphire Princess. They show the stairs from the Aft Terrace Pool Deck that lead down to the Aloha deck cabins.

1. Aft Deck....Terrace Pool...the stair way leading down to the Aloha cabins is on the left (you can see 2 of the stair steps):

2311906500063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

2. Stairs from the aft Terrace Pool Deck leading down to door to Aloha ceck cabins:

2220846530063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

3. Inside hall of aft Aloha deck looking towards door that opens to the Aft Deck stairs that lead up to the Terrace Pool. Awesome cabins in this area!!!

2977640610063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

4. Another view

2898757710063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

5. The stair way leading down to the Aloha deck cabins is behind the 4 deck loungers.

2668217660063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks to all for the info, especially the last post with all the pics! I am such a visual person and this really helps!!! By the way - what an overcast day you had! I think we'll chance the noise and book aft aloha deck - I wish I didn't know it was so easy to get to the buffet though!!!

Archived