HAL's Everglades Airboat Tour

FunLuv'n

According to the description for this excursion you take a tour of the reptile exhibit. Can anyone tell me if you can for go that exhibit? I'm deathly afraid of snakes and figure I may be able to bypass that part of the tour. Do you see snakes anywhere beside at the exhibit? My DH says I may see them out on the airboat, hanging from the trees. Has anyone experienced that?

In our opinion, the snakes were the operators of this crummy excursion. No you do not have to visit the zoo area (though there is nothing else to do) but the crocodile exhibit with the trainer was interesting. And this group does get credit for taking in orphaned wild animals - give them an A for that.

The boat ride was not - more a cheesy, noisy environmental horror zipping over trashed sea grass. Pray you do not get the rapacious German woman guide contracted by HAL who dunned everyone every which way against Sunday for tips.

We liked the Fort Lauderdale city and waterway tour of the keys and harbor much better if you are looking for an airport transfer excursion. If you really want to see the Everglades and lot more crocodiles in a pristine setting, visit the National Park intend of this clap-trap airboat ride outside the protected area.

This was the ATV equivalent tour of the "Everglades" -a degraded environment set aside for some sort of tourism fun at nature's expense. IMHO!

There are no trees for snakes to hang from. Your guide and most of your fellow tourists would think it quite interesting to find a snake in the swamp grass. No, you do not have to go through the exhibit. The air boats do make an ungodly racket even with earplugs properly installed.

Archived