Song Airlines

dyanna72

Did I make the right choice? We will be flying from JFK to FLL for our cruise in August. Has anyone flown this Delta owned line & how was your experience. We will be sitting in row 5 on both inbound & outbound flights. We will be arriving 3 days before the cruise & flying back at 3:30 giving us plenty of time to get to FLL apt.

We booked SONG for our cruise out of FL later this year so I'm interested in the comments of others as well. They have a nice menu for meals that you pay for inflight. Even have a drink calles Songtini.....happy sailing!

I've flown Song before and have no problems with it. Actually, it's quite comfortable with the 33-34 inch pitch and leather seats with in-seat TV/entertainment. It's basically somewhat like jetBlue but just operated by Delta. If given a choice between Song and the legacy carriers on a route, I'd most likely choose Song with all else being equal because it's a more comfortable ride.

jeff

SONG is very good. In addition to what JJPNYC said, you can also purchase good snacks and sandwiches on board for pretty reasonable prices. Better than just the mix nut bag everyone gives you. I've flown them a few times and have already booked for my return flight in November from Puerto Rico.

We flew them last year MCO to LGA and are flying them this year JFK to TPA (and back).

Comfortable plane, the TV in the back of the head rests are great. DH & I ammused ourselves by playing trivia games versus other passengers for most of the flight.

Thanks for everyones reviews.

Marco:

Does this mean that if they use Delta planes they will not have the entertainment in the headrests? Just so I can be prepared as I will have 2 children with me.

Thanks,

Dyanna

Thanks for everyones reviews.

Marco:

Does this mean that if they use Delta planes they will not have the entertainment in the headrests? Just so I can be prepared as I will have 2 children with me.

Thanks,

Dyanna

Quite the contrary, Song has it's own fleet of 757's. In fact, main-line Delta just transferred a few more "Regular Delta 757s" to the Song fleet as Song is expanding. You can't miss the Song planes, they're in a very unique shade of lime-green on the outside and a rainbow of pastels on the inside. There is definately no mistaking a Song 757 for a Delta 757.

jeff

We use Song exclusively for trips to Tampa from Hartford, several times a year to visit my parents.

Their planes are brightly colored inside, and, IMHO, contribute to the "festivity" of going on a vacation where palm trees and blue water are invloved. As some one else mentioned, their "snacks" give an option of what to nibble on, rather than pretzels.

I think my favorite was last year, flying into Tampa, as we were approaching the gate, the flight attendant made the announcement to be sure you had all your belongings, and if you got to your destination and found something missing, to check their website-www*ebay.com. :D Additionally, if you had any complaints, he directed you to another airline's website. :rolleyes:

The staff definitely is upbeat, and seems to truly enjoy what they're doing.

I, too, hope they stick around. Really adds to the fun!

Archived