Getting access to cabin early to drop off luggage

We ALWAYS go directly to our cabin and drop off our luggage. We've met the stewards a few times and they only smile and greet us. Oh, the closed doors simply pull open.

The only ones who seem to care are the people on CC who "demand" or "order" you to not do that. :eek:

Sometimes the door is closed not locked or one door will be open. Those times we have rushed in, stored our luggage under the bed and got out quick.

If the door is locked or Carnival personnal are their we don't go in.

We were told on our last cruise, that as Platinum Guests, we were able to do it.

When we opened the doors to drop off our carry-ons, no one questioned us. Our Room Steward was there outside our room and said.. Yes, yes, you are Platinum - that is FINE!!

He said the Platinum rooms were the first rooms they were to complete. We only stayed a minute and did not return until after 1:30, but we were psyched to drop off our things.

Catrin

We ALWAYS go directly to our cabin and drop off our luggage. We've met the stewards a few times and they only smile and greet us. Oh, the closed doors simply pull open.

The only ones who seem to care are the people on CC who "demand" or "order" you to not do that. :eek:

The doors are closed for a reason and you are not above the rules.

We were told on our last cruise, that as Platinum Guests, we were able to do it.

When we opened the doors to drop off our carry-ons, no one questioned us. Our Room Steward was there outside our room and said.. Yes, yes, you are Platinum - that is FINE!!

He said the Platinum rooms were the first rooms they were to complete. We only stayed a minute and did not return until after 1:30, but we were psyched to drop off our things.

Catrin

Thanks, Catrin. That is the first time I heard of that unpublished "perk".

I know we had to 'arrange' early entry to our Cabin when we were married on board. We get to the huge doors that are shut. The coordinator just said 'oh they are not locked just open them right up'. We did passed several Crew members and no one said anything as we walked down the hall.

See. Here's one already. A "demander" or "orderer."

No I follow the rules /requests if they wanted you to go to your state room the doors would be open. So that would mean that you are one who thinks they are above it all "it is my vacation and I will do as I please" :(

See. Here's one already. A "demander" or "orderer."

No I follow the rules /requests if they wanted you to go to your state room the doors would be open. So that would mean that you are one who thinks they are above it all "it is my vacation and I will do as I please" :(

I follow the rules also. If they wanted us in there they would OPEN THE FRIGGIN' DOORS . . . . but, alas, there is always somebody that is better than I am and thinks he has some sort of privileged position in society. He probably hasn't the slightest idea as to why they want the passengers out of this area at this time. Can't think past his own personal desires. Maybe in my next life I'll be one of those. (hope not);)

I'm sure they are polite about it, after all they don't want to risk losing their tips. But that doesn't mean they're excited or ok with it. I'd hate to think they forgot to change my sheets, clean the toilet, or some other task because people trying to access their rooms early threw them off schedule. My strategy is to book it for the buffet or aft pool area, find a great seat preferably a booth near a window, and take turns with my spouse getting foods and watching our luggage. We have a great lunch, start our people watching, and get out of the way of frantic passing newcomers. Much less stressful for us.

I follow the rules also. If they wanted us in there they would OPEN THE FRIGGIN' DOORS . . . . but, alas, there is always somebody that is better than I am and thinks he has some sort of privileged position in society. He probably hasn't the slightest idea as to why they want the passengers out of this area at this time. Can't think past his own personal desires. Maybe in my next life I'll be one of those. (hope not);)

Thank you Gary, I'm sure you won't be one of 'them', as I will not either. The doors are closed for a reason.

\

Were you the fat one who sat at the front of the classroom and reported to the teacher those who didn't "follow the rules?"

I was the one who laughed at you as you tattled on me. And I still do. :D

I guess I was, there are rules and laws for a reason.

Catrin

Been platinum for a while now and never heard of this perk.

I would think the crew have a hard enough job turning the ship around and preparing cabins for the next intake. That few hours they have, when they get peace from guests, must be something they value. It would be total bad manners and disrespect to the crew if nothing else. Give the guys a break and leave them in peace to do their job. Sure they'll smile at you, its what they are trained to do - but come on... is it REALLY that hard to have a drink on deck and wait until the doors officially open...

Dont be rude, be good!

Catrin

That is our understanding as well.

When the Platinum program was rolled out it was put in the room stewards procedures that Platinum cabins are to be cleaned first. If the previous guest is still in the cabin by 9am, they are to get their supervisor to ask them to wait in another area of the ship.

It was never implemented as a perk nor has the procedure been changed.

The above information I received by asking my room steward on different cruises.

Dave

On our last cruise we were on a b2b so the cabin steward finished our room first and told us it was okay to go to and from the room even though the doors were closed.

We went back to our cabin after lunch at about 12:30pm and a different cabin steward (we entered farther down the hall) told us the rooms were not ready and that we were not allowed in. I kindly informed him we already had our room since we were on a b2b and he apologized and stated No Problem.

I am one that believes the signs and closed doors are there for a reason. JMHO but unless you have permission then you really shouldn't go to your room until the doors are open and the signs removed.

Archived