Carnival Magic

threeplus1

We are a family of six (dh, me, ds12, dd12, dd12, and ds11) and will be cruising on the Magic this summer. We are currently booked into two non-connecting balcony rooms in the aft section of deck 7. I found two connecting balcony rooms available in the forward section of deck 9 and was wondering if anyone could tell me if the slight price increase would be worth it to switch to the forward cabins. Both are in sections with cabins above and below, so no difference in the noise there. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any advice!

We are a family of six (dh, me, ds12, dd12, dd12, and ds11) and will be cruising on the Magic this summer. We are currently booked into two non-connecting balcony rooms in the aft section of deck 7. I found two connecting balcony rooms available in the forward section of deck 9 and was wondering if anyone could tell me if the slight price increase would be worth it to switch to the forward cabins. Both are in sections with cabins above and below, so no difference in the noise there. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any advice!

I guess it all depends on how far away your current cabins are from each other. We've traveled with our kids at that age and booked them in an inside cabin across from us (we only had two children). We had extra cabin keys made so we could go into each other's cabins. If you feel comfortable with them not being connected, they stick with what you have. But if you prefer having connecting cabins, then spend the extra $$ for peace of mind.

It's just my two cents! Enjoy your cruise!

Depends on your definition. Connecting means there is a door in the wall of the cabin where you can walk back and forth between the cabins.

If the cabins are adjoining and are allowed you can have the balcony partition removed and walk back and forth if the doors to the balcony are unlocked.

How are your kids?? I think only you know the answer, not us.

I guess it all depends on how far away your current cabins are from each other. We've traveled with our kids at that age and booked them in an inside cabin across from us (we only had two children). We had extra cabin keys made so we could go into each other's cabins. If you feel comfortable with them not being connected, they stick with what you have. But if you prefer having connecting cabins, then spend the extra $$ for peace of mind.

It's just my two cents! Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you! Yes, I think I'm going to switch to the connecting ones. That will give me peace of mind. We had cabins across from each other once and it was fine, but we also had our adult daughter in a cabin with our younger ones. This way, dh and I can stay in the same cabin and put the kids in the other one with the door open! Yay!

Archived