Confirmation of OBC?

cheffip

I booked my first RCCL cruise directly with them over the phone during their WOW sale last Saturday. The agent said it would be "a few weeks" until the $200 OBC that was included in the sale would be processed. What kind of confirmation will I get? eg an email? does it appear in "My Cruises" on the website etc? Just don't want it to fall between the cracks.

call and ask them to email you an invoice...it will be on there...after a few letters which will be the code...then an amount..

for example...AD16-$100 ONBRDCR

your letters and amount may/will be different...it will be sort of in the middle, under the cruise fare part..

I spoke with C & A yesterday on this very topic. An invoice showing the OBC was emailed to me after the call. It is noted "AD17-$150 ONBRDCR" directly below the cruise fare.

If it's any help, we booked onboard on December 5th; it's showing now on the invoice.

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reduction should still show up on the itemized bill under your cruises on the RCCL website.

The OP is looking for verification of OBC that they received for booking during the WOW sale. That will only show up on a Confirmation Invoice from RCI and can be found under "Booking Charges" as described in post #2. OBC does not reduce cruise fare.

OBC does not reduce cruise fare.

Yes, just so. While the OBC amount is noted on the left side of the invoice, it shows up as zeros under the cruise fare for each pax

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OP is looking for verification of OBC that they received for booking during the WOW sale. That will only show up on a Confirmation Invoice from RCI and can be found under "Booking Charges" as described in post #2. OBC does not reduce cruise fare.

Thanks everyone...problem is finally solved. After two calls (one yesterday and one today) where the agents basically said "we can't send you anything but trust us anyway" I got one who immediately offered to reissue the invoice. As a couple of you have pointed out, it is now under the booking charges with the code and notation SGK3-$200 ONBRDCR.

Thanks everyone...problem is finally solved. After two calls (one yesterday and one today) where the agents basically said "we can't send you anything but trust us anyway" I got one who immediately offered to reissue the invoice. As a couple of you have pointed out, it is now under the booking charges with the code and notation SGK3-$200 ONBRDCR.

Glad you got confirmation. :) Any time you are getting any type of benefit from C&A it will be located under Booking Charges and in the form of a code.

Don't you love that $200 amount?

Yep. I'm just Platinum; but the OBC and the Balcony discount make C&A so worthwhile for me, even at this level. To me, the credits and discounts are what it's really all about, not fawning staff or status symbol issues.

Teddie

Absolutely...plus if I transfer the reservation to my TA within 60 days he will top it up by another $150.:)

Just make sure that your TA will honor any/all price reductions up until final payment and not take that $150 OBC away that they are giving you.

Archived