Tour guide for Casablanca?

jane02

We will be in Casablanca, Morocco in late September. I have been searching the boards looking for information re tour guides. Just about every thread I have read indicated that they were docked in Casablanca much longer than the 8am until 4pm time that our Oceania ship will be.

We do not want to do our own thing and do not usually like ship tours.

Can we fit in a decent tour with such a short stop? If so - who can you recommend?

Many thanks

Kellie

We will be in Casablanca, Morocco in late September. I have been searching the boards looking for information re tour guides. Just about every thread I have read indicated that they were docked in Casablanca much longer than the 8am until 4pm time that our Oceania ship will be.

We do not want to do our own thing and do not usually like ship tours.

Can we fit in a decent tour with such a short stop? If so - who can you recommend?

Many thanks

Kellie

there isn't a lot to see in Casablanca, so you don't have to worry about a short stop. Casablanca is the financial center of Morroco. I'd stick with the ship's tour.

As Shirley responded, with the exception of the Hassan II mosque, there is not a lot to see in Casablanca. My suggestion would be to go to Rabat if you have enough time. If not, you could take a taxi to the mosque which, according to the web, gives guided tours Sat-Thu at 9am, 10am, 11am, noon, or 3pm.

• 3 weeks later...

We took a ship tour of Hassan II Mosque that included a city tour. It was a good tour and those that chose to tour it on their on didn't get as complete of a tour as we got. Someone on our ship arranged a private tour that did basically the same thing we did, of course, cheaper. I dont know who they used.

We had additional time in port and I had planned to tour the city some on our own, but after seeing how dirty it is, we only wanted to get back to the ship.

Many on the ship went to Marrakech or Rabat and we will do that next time. You probably don't have time for Marrakech, but you may for Rabat. Due to traffic and travel times I would recommend sticking to the ships tours.

Archived