Solstice May 2013

FortyNinerLiz

Re the Ensenada problem - Century does a similar itinerary this year, with a Honolulu/Ensanada cruise. It's next cruise is from San Diego on the same day so I guess she repositions from Ensanada to San Diego without passengers.

I assume this means that anyone wanting to do a B2B from Honolulu to Vancouver (in the case of Century) will have to take a bus from Ensanada to San Diego.

Interesting. I just looked it up and it looks like the next cruise after that one on Century is a round trip Hawaii cruise from San Diego. I'd take that! LOL. Still, that doesn't answer the question of where exactly the Solstice will go after May 2013. Since we are into mid-May if it does a RT HI, I doubt it will keep going to HI all summer. No ship does that. My guess is still that it has to go up to Alaska (in which case it would have to sail EMPTY to Seattle if that will be her new homeport). However, that would take about 3 days and I doubt they would let a ship this size sail empty for 3-4 days. That, or it has to sail into Vancouver, which leads me back to my post above...

Interesting. I just looked it up and it looks like the next cruise after that one on Century is a round trip Hawaii cruise from San Diego. I'd take that! LOL. Still, that doesn't answer the question of where exactly the Solstice will go after May 2013. Since we are into mid-May if it does a RT HI, I doubt it will keep going to HI all summer. No ship does that. My guess is still that it has to go up to Alaska (in which case it would have to sail EMPTY to Seattle if that will be her new homeport). However, that would take about 3 days and I doubt they would let a ship this size sail empty for 3-4 days. That, or it has to sail into Vancouver, which leads me back to my post above...

You're right Century does return to HI ... she goes to Alaska later. And yes, we will just have to wait and see what Solstice does! I'll be keen to see whether she does come back to Australia/NZ at the end of 2013.

''S'' class ships will not clear Lions Gate bridge in Vancouver, so her homeport for The Alaska season will have to be Seattle;she'll take over the 7 day RT Alaska sailings currently covered by Infinity ( she's heading to Europe summer 2013 after her S.A. winter season cruises ).Centurry will again make her way to Vancouver for another season of 7 day RT Alaka cruises ( her last season in the fleet ????? )

How Solstice manages to finally arrives in Seattle, and when, after repo'ing from Down Under spring of 2013 with a disembarkation port of Ensenada is an intriguing question. The PVSA has to be adhered to.....

One suggested speculation would be Ensenada-Honolulu-Seattle, a roughly 15+/- day sailing...,meaning a total turn around of bus shuttles Ensenada-SanDiego ( disembark ) then embarkation for new guests, bus back down to Ensenada, board the ship, etc.etc...

Armchair dispatching.....the pay sucks but it sure is fun !!!:)

One idea I just had: could she be heading into drydock in Victoria after the Hawaii trip? That would solve the issue of it sailing empty (since they usually do sail empty and work while sailing). After drydock, it could head to Seattle as it's summer homeport and do an Alaska season that way. When is she due for drydock?

Katherine

One idea I just had: could she be heading into drydock in Victoria after the Hawaii trip? That would solve the issue of it sailing empty (since they usually do sail empty and work while sailing). After drydock, it could head to Seattle as it's summer homeport and do an Alaska season that way. When is she due for drydock?

Katherine

She just came out of drydock this past Saturday and since they generally do drydocks every 3 to 5 yrs I would doubt it.

Never mind. I see the X Millenium is doing a similar Hawaii cruise in Oct 2012 with the ship going through the Panama Canal after leaving Ensenada. I bet the Solstice will be heading South too (around the horn like the Mariner did)? Otherwise, why wouldn't it just end up in LA and dock there?

Kath

Yes, many ships (also from oher comapnies) use Esnsenada as a starting/ending port of their Hawaii cruises - than the ships usually move to California - so I think than Solstice will go from Los Angeles or San Diego to Vancouver or Seattle (after doing a cruise the USA Westcoast).

''S'' class ships will not clear Lions Gate bridge in Vancouver, so her homeport for The Alaska season will have to be Seattle;she'll take over the 7 day RT Alaska sailings currently covered by Infinity ( she's heading to Europe summer 2013 after her S.A. winter season cruises ).Centurry will again make her way to Vancouver for another season of 7 day RT Alaka cruises ( her last season in the fleet ????? )

How Solstice manages to finally arrives in Seattle, and when, after repo'ing from Down Under spring of 2013 with a disembarkation port of Ensenada is an intriguing question. The PVSA has to be adhered to.....

One suggested speculation would be Ensenada-Honolulu-Seattle, a roughly 15+/- day sailing...,meaning a total turn around of bus shuttles Ensenada-SanDiego ( disembark ) then embarkation for new guests, bus back down to Ensenada, board the ship, etc.etc...

Armchair dispatching.....the pay sucks but it sure is fun !!!:)

That's an interesting fact - I think Millennium does her North/Southbound voyages between Vancouver and Seward, and Solstices replaces Infinity which is going to Northern Europe in 2013.

http://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/GeirangerfjordenCPGD2013

Archived