Lanyard for sailing pass - carnival pride

gloandcharlie

Guess I'm a cheesy tourist! On our 1st cruise, I constantly worried that I was going to loose it out of my small camera bag, etc. 2nd cruise, I didn't worry at all because it was on a lanyard that I just tossed around my neck. Ease of mind & not having to go back & get my S&S card because I forgot is sooooo worth a lanyard to me. :)

This thread made me smile - thanks to all my fellow cheesy well-prepared pocketless sisters of sailing who wear a lanyard on a cruise and never have to trudge back to the room because they forgot their S&S card!!!

Can we hear an AMEN SISTERS!!!

Whoever had the saying about payback to the iceberg's, from the Titanic. I Love It :D: :D:

After reading all the comments, I am very glad my wife doesn't go for the "I don't care what I look like" approach to things and actually puts effort into looking good...

I put effort into looking good along with wearing my cheesy tourist lanyard. :D

But, where there are no pockets to be had and you don't want to lose things, it's a nice way not to lose or misplace it.

Check Amazon for something called a "badge reel". It extends when needed, yet reels back in when not. And it will clip on your clothes. You will need to punch two holes right next to each other get the translucent clip through your sign and sail or get a little plastic cover that you hang from your clip and don't poke a hole through your sign and sail at all. I usually just punch the holes though. (get the services desk to do it since they know where it should be on your card. (don't punch it on the strip and make sure you punch it on the right end so you can put your card in the door to your cabin.

Edited to add, I usually clip it somewhere low, like my waist, so it's not so obviously there.

Carnival also has these in their shops with a little Carnival logo. I don't think it was much, maybe 6 bucks or so. I used it for 1 cruise and then I lose it when I got home. :( However, it worked well.

After reading all the comments, I am very glad my wife doesn't go for the "I don't care what I look like" approach to things and actually puts effort into looking good...

I think my husband (and the majority of my friends) would fall off the couch laughing if someone ever tried to claim that I didn't care what I looked like.... :D

I think you are missing the point of what people are saying.. they don't care if someone thinks they look cheesy because they are content with having found a way to easily keep track of their S&S Card and have it at hand whenever needed.

Lanyards can also come in so many styles these days that it is very easy to find one that reflects your personality and even compliments your style - I've seen everything from cartoon/commercial ones to very nice beaded ones that look like a long necklace. (and if you can't find one - head to your local hobby shop and make one - you can get a really stylish one then).

If you don't like them, don't wear one. If you find that you prefer to wear one - have fun shopping for one that reflects you and that you will enjoy sporting on the cruise!

For the inquiring minds...clothing manufacturers sew pockets closed because it makes them lay flat. Some men don't use the their outside pockets and never open them, and some men have no idea that the pockets are basted closed! :D

Oh good grief...seriously? :rolleyes:

Just because we choose to put our card in a lanyard and wear it around our neck doesn't mean we don't put any effort into "looking good." Wow.

And just so you know, most of the time mine is around my neck, but under my shirt so it's not even visible (I don't like it blowing around in the wind). But if it is visible I'm thankful my wonderful husband of 36 years isn't so shallow that he would think I "didn't look good" simply because of a cruise card lanyard. :)

You can buy the plastic id holders with a clip or extendable cord and clip at Office Max, Staples, etc. I'm not sure if you can purchase them individually though (only bought them as actual office supplies) and the 25 packs are pretty spendy. you COULD use a baseball card protector and make something that clips on or goes around your neck. Personally, I just stick the card in my bra! :D:D

This thread is funny... :D.. Not nice to call folks "Cheesy Tourist".. I'm a cheesy tourist, geezer, first timer, whatever else u want to call me... :p

BTW: Now I have to get a Lanyard.... yeeehaaa

You don't need a lanyard ... not so long as you keep wearing that fannypack! :eek::D

[quote name='Lisl123']You don't need a lanyard ... not so long as you keep wearing that fannypack! :eek::D[/quote]

Good sense of humor..

Thanks....r u saying now I need a fannypack... :D:D:D

We have some type of badge holders from being RV folks..

Archived