WIFI ~ Miracle aft cabins?

w8ing2cruz

We were aft on the Miracle in November...had my netbook to chat with the kids via Carnival Funville and didn't have any troubles with internet connection :)

As far as reliable...Yes, it was reliable.

As far as speed, however, it is slow compared to what Home wifi is...but then again...you're in the middle of the nowhere...sharing with oodles of people ;)

(And Aside from the fact my netbook is slow to begin with...LOL)

Bon Voyage and have a Great Cruise!

Thanks for the responses!! HOLY CATS - 75 cents per minute for a slow connection! Yikes - glad I can leave work behind :p

well, they do have packages-- but still its a lot of money for a little bits of minutes

I was in an aft cabin (very aft) on the Glory last year and could easily hook up to the wifi. Yes, it's expensive and yes it's slow. BUT, it was a great way to talk to my daughter at home via skype. I couldn't video skype but I could call a landline through skype quite easily. MUCH MUCH cheaper than calling from the ship. I just had to make sure I had some money in my skype account to do so. I put 15 bucks in and I think I still have 13 left. I think it worked out to be .78/minute with the wifi and skype charge for calling. Not bad considering the alternative.

I purchase a package of 250 minutes for $ 100 plus they rip you off for 3.95 for using their computer to set up a plan.

Have been on Miracle 4x and wifi has worked whereever we are.

You spent and hundy on 250 minutes of connect time regardless of bandwidth used and you think the $3.95 is a ripoff?

At 40 cents a minute. That doesn’t seem much of a deal. We don’t need to tell everyone what we are doing each day. If there is a problem at home we can be reached on the ship phone. Last but not least if I had to keep in touch with my company I would not have gone on vacation. Have a fun cruise.

Worked great in 4237 and 4230, but as others have said the connection is slow. I always type my e-mails before I connect, then once connected I hit SEND/RECEIVE. If nothing is urgent I log off and read my mails, then log back on if I need to respond to any. It is a little annoying, but really saves on the minutes.

Worked great in 4237 and 4230, but as others have said the connection is slow. I always type my e-mails before I connect, then once connected I hit SEND/RECEIVE. If nothing is urgent I log off and read my mails, then log back on if I need to respond to any. It is a little annoying, but really saves on the minutes.

Great tip - thanks!!

Archived