general question about theme cruises

beachbum53

I'm guessing that the prices for cabins for a theme cruise are set, and don't go up or down. I'm also guessing that the earlier you book accomodations the better, so that you have a better chance of getting the category or cabin you want. Is this true? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Great question, and the answer is......it depends......if your theme cruise is a full (private) charter, it is up to the promoter about the pricing strategy...the smart ones discount on the front end which encourages early booking and then will raise their prices the closer it gets to sailing...if it is not a full charter (ship is shared with regular guests), then if the promoter does not sell out its allotment of cabins by a certain date, they turn the unsold cabins back to the cruiseline, so they may or may not have a price increase prior to a cutoff date

Some of the music theme full charters will sell out within a few months of opening for sale, so their pricing model is fixed

On full charter smooth jazz cruises,the very high end cabins and the inside cabins sell out quickly...the high end because there are very few of them, the insides because returning guests know that you are never in them because the music related activities keep you going all day and night...balconies are the last cabins to sell out

Make sure you do your homework when looking at booking a theme cruise to make sure you know whether its a full charter or a large group with a common interest and activities on a regular cruise..big difference..both in price and experience

if you feel comfortable would you share what type of theme cruise you are considering...

Most likely an "Oldies" cruise, but I've also seen a Country & Western cruise that looks like it could be a blast. I know that Jazz cruises are very popular, but we're not really into jazz music.

I love 50-60 (oldies) music as well as country and you have alot of really good options...are you utilizing "theme cruise finder" as part of your research....my friends are planning on going on the 2012 malt shop memories cruise...also have you checked out the legendary rhythm and blues cruise...vitually every major country star is part of a country western theme cruise these days so check their websites

Good luck

I love 50-60 (oldies) music as well as country and you have alot of really good options...are you utilizing "theme cruise finder" as part of your research....my friends are planning on going on the 2012 malt shop memories cruise...also have you checked out the legendary rhythm and blues cruise...vitually every major country star is part of a country western theme cruise these days so check their websites

Good luck

The problem is there are several theme cruises, like the Malt Shop Memories cruise, a couple of C&W cruises, and a Bluegrass cruise that all look like they'd be a lot of fun to go on. The tough part is deciding which one (can't do them all). I'm sure whichever one we choose, we'll have a great time. My wife says it's a good thing Home Depot doesn't have a theme cruise.:D

Your wife may be on to something, don't be surprise if there is not a DIY theme cruise, sponsored by Home Depot in the near future (lol)...I received an email a while back thst The Grand Old Oprey has a full charter theme cruise....fyi my friends said the reason why they signed up for next years Malt Shop Memories Cruise is because they had such a great time on this year's version..she said it was like the PBS fundraiser that you see during pledge month only better live

You are so right about having so many options....another challenge is that the really good ones you have to book more then a year out due to high repeat guests..my brother and his wife go on the High Seas Rally (bikers) every year and they book while onboard in order to avoid a waitlist when it opens for sale...same goes for my Capital Jazz SuperCruise (smooth jazz)

Let me know which one you choose...it is well worth the premium rate..if you attend more then two music concerts a year, a music theme cruise is a true value

Archived