Oasis "live" webcam frozen on 12/27?!

teamdavis

I have tried for the past week to look at the live webcam and it seems to be frozen on December 27! I would like for family to be able to tune in next week on our cruise

Anyone else getting this? It doesn't matter what area you go to, the date is all the same (i.e. boardwalk, promenade, etc)

At least it updated...for the last few months it was stuck on October 13th IIRC. I wouldn't expect it to be reliable. ;)

Bring some colorful clothing and find a good spot for the Port Everglades webcam to catch you during sailaway instead and tell your family to watch it. At least they'll have a chance of seeing you, unlike the webcam.

I was planning to do that as well, thanks! I watched the sailaway this past weekend and noticed the camera spends more time on the aft of the ship's decks. How do you make sure the camera will zoom in on you?

From what I gathered it's completely random, but if you having something that attracts attention you have a better chance of getting noticed.

We went to the port side sun deck (deck 14 port stateroom corridor all the way forward to the end, and through the doors) which is actually above the bridge. If you go early enough before sailaway you can get a REALLY good spot right above the bridge wing and you not only have a great view of sailaway, but a good chance of being visible. Our friends back home picked us out easiliy on the webcam.

The sun deck is typically only occupied by Oasis class repeat passengers, CC members (:D) or people who actually explored the ship early - nobody else aboard will have ANY idea how to get out there until usually day 2 at the earliest. Some people never figure out how to get out there. :D

The "secret" balconies aft are also good spots to have a decent chance of getting noticed as they are often seldom busy - for the same reasons as the sun deck.

Bright clothing, a flag, funny hats, frantic dancing...custom signs..anything that attracts attention typically gets zoomed in on.

I was planning to do that as well, thanks! I watched the sailaway this past weekend and noticed the camera spends more time on the aft of the ship's decks. How do you make sure the camera will zoom in on you?

Or my favourite spot on Oasis class ships is deck 11 public balcony port side..go all the way aft on deck 11 port side through the door to the balcony.

Webcam operators are quite familiar with this area. Wave very enthusiastically.

This is a photo I took off the webcam on Saturday's sail away of Oasis. The people in green tshirts are on deck 11

397230_10150478750611693_564756692_8948001_1211454454_n.jpg

Yep...great little "secret" areas to watch Aquatheatre shows from as well if you don't have tickets, or saw it once and want to see it again. My daughter *loved* watching it from above as you get to see some of the behind-the-scenes stuff in the pool and such while watching it from that angle.

We watched sailaway from the deck 12/14 aft balconies in Nassau as well as from the Sun Deck in St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Excellent areas for sailaway as they're often very few people there.

The number of people in the pics above probably constitute the busiest any of those decks get at any point during the cruise, and that's only because it's the first sailaway where everybody makes a point of being on deck, and those who know about the webcam make a point of trying to be seen. ;)

Yep...great little "secret" areas to watch Aquatheatre shows from as well if you don't have tickets, or saw it once and want to see it again. My daughter *loved* watching it from above as you get to see some of the behind-the-scenes stuff in the pool and such while watching it from that angle.

We watched sailaway from the deck 12/14 aft balconies in Nassau as well as from the Sun Deck in St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Excellent areas for sailaway as they're often very few people there.

The number of people in the pics above probably constitute the busiest any of those decks get at any point during the cruise, and that's only because it's the first sailaway where everybody makes a point of being on deck, and those who know about the webcam make a point of trying to be seen. ;)

I like over the bridge area as well :) :)

Im pretty sure you can contact the Port EVerglades webcam member on Facebook and set up in advance, a "wave" by telling them what general area you will be at at sailaway and what kinda sign etc you will be holding. You can also "Request a Wave" right on the Portevergladeswebcam.com website.

They always announce in advance on Facebook, the waves from some people they will be doing that day?

Im pretty sure you can contact the Port EVerglades webcam member on Facebook and set up in advance, a "wave" by telling them what general area you will be at at sailaway and what kinda sign etc you will be holding.

They always announce in advance on Facebook, the waves from some people they will be doing that day?

The majority of the waves they list on their Facebook page were requested in advance via the 'Request -a- Wave' form on the Port Everglades webcam site.

The cam operators Lou & David do a great job and it is fun watching the sail aways with happy cruisers waving back at the cam :)

In December I had two Request-a-Waves and both were fulfilled, even though the second was a few hours late it was dark and you could see they still tried to find us. I went back and looked at the archives post-cruise :D

It definitely helps the cam operators if you have a flag, wear something bright or wave something big :)

Ryano - thanks for the tip about the Facebook page!

Archived