Upsell call

LovesAllTravel

I received a call from the upsell fairy this morning, for my 4-night cruise departing this Thursday on Carnival Triumph. My 22 y/o daughter and I are in a 6B oceanview cabin on Deck 2, paid $369 pp. The upsell fairy offered us an 8C balcony on Deck 7 for $150 total. I declined, mainly because the bed configuration in the balcony cabin is a queen-sized bed, not twins. Even though I love, love balcony cabins, to me it was not worth the $150.

What?? Balconys have the same beds as OVs. I would call back for $150 and take it.

There are a couple of cabins that the beds do not push together, is that all they have left they told you? A couple of oddball cabins.

Im not sure what else to think you mean by your comment why you declined. Do you really think balconys dont have beds that push together so husband and wife can sleep together? Maybe Im miss-reading.

It appears that 7416 and 7419 are the only balcony cabins on Deck 7 that have queen-beds that do not separate to twins.

Thes two cabins are the ones with the extra-long "bowling alley" balconies near the aft of the ship.

What?? Balconys have the same beds as OVs. I would call back for $150 and take it.

There are a couple of cabins that the beds do not push together, is that all they have left they told you? A couple of oddball cabins.

Im not sure what else to think you mean by your comment why you declined. Do you really think balconys dont have beds that push together so husband and wife can sleep together? Maybe Im miss-reading.

Actually, there are a quite a few 8C's on Empress {in fact there are 8 such cabins} that have queens but they are also quads. with the sofa bed and an upper or a trundle.

Cabin 7377 8C 185/35 sq ft

Beds: queen bed-1 upper-1 sofabed

View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: 7381

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

It appears that 7416 and 7419 are the only balcony cabins on Deck 7 that have queen-beds that do not separate to twins.

Thes two cabins are the ones with the extra-long "bowling alley" balconies near the aft of the ship.

Those are 8B's not 8C's

Archived