Port taxes for a Trasatlantic with Queen Mary

travelberlin

$315p/p Crazy huh ?Only 2 ports involved :eek:.

Since its included in your cruise fare , you need not worry about it .

Just upsets your TA who will earn no comm. on this Port Charge portion of your cruise fare.

Thank you! This is increasing my fare. I was wondering if it was correct because of the only two ports.

Even worse if you do B2B (East/West) it came to a whopping $1000 on this when I did it last year, left NY, ship spent day in Southampton, sailed and I disembarked in NY.

I was so shocked I even called Cunard to check this figure, and was told it was "correct" though I do not see how.

Must confess I get really cross to read ads that the fare is $xxxx, then find as a solo I not only pay the supplement, but that the Gvnt tax is that for 2 people as is also the port tax

which is why it can add as much as another $2000 to the price in the advert.

Then there is the flight and the hotel (again price for a solo is almost twice that in the brochure) so another $800-$1000

As for reading that CC member X says you can sail on Cunard for as little as $79 per day per person, well steam comes out my ears when I see that.

Even in a D8 my fare has always been at least $250 per day and mostly reaches over $300 and that does not include spending even one cent on board.

I have an excellent agent, she will rebook me if the price drops - so it is not her fault , but the fault of false advertising by other agents that hides so much of the cost (some do not even put it in the small print)

Hi Jimsgirl,

I agree with you. I also have similar problems when cruising solo. It is a pitty that we cannot get at least solo discounts. Although I have just received an email with an offer for the ship MS Deutschland, with solo fares with only 35% increase. I have not yet looked at it though.

Archived