Currently in a suite - questions regarding services

heidik

I'm currently in an S1 -- this is my first Celebrity suite experience. Is the butler supposed to set up the dining table for room service? Last night, he basically threw the tray on the table and left. I am used to Holland America where they put out the white tablecloth and set your table. Is this not so on Celebrity? Also, do I ask the butler for the dining room menu?

wow. I just came from guest relations - she had no idea what I was talking about and called my butler to tell him that I was requesting my table be set, dining room menu (and breakfast menu which I never got) --- so I walk back to my room and the butler meets me in the hall and acts surprised that I was requesting my table set for meals?? He also told me not to go to guest relations again but to talk to him directly --- I felt like he was chastising me for going to guest relations with my questions about suite amenities and dining..........I've gotta tell yuh folks, I'm not feeling very comfortable at all at this point............keeping a positive outlook but my butler makes me very uncomfortable...

Thank you -- I think my uncomfortability is just me - and not him. He is nice enough, but comes across to me as very abrupt and hurried and unsmiling....I much prefer the "energy" of my lovely room stewards. I'm gonna let it go and go back to sitting on the balcony looking for whales :D

Thank you -- I think my uncomfortability is just me - and not him. He is nice enough, but comes across to me as very abrupt and hurried and unsmiling....I much prefer the "energy" of my lovely room stewards. I'm gonna let it go and go back to sitting on the balcony looking for whales :D

Think positively on this.

Why not ask the butler to set up a meal with table and cloth.

You can enjoy the service and munch from the table while watching for whales.

If you're satisfied with his service, all is well for the rest of your cruise.

If not, go to Guest Relations.

Claire

I am also curious who the butler is. We were on Century six weeks ago and had Paul D'Costa. He was wonderful. We have never ordered dinner, but have frequently ordered breakfast while in Sky Suites. With the exception of one time, the butler has always set the table with a white tablecloth, and then laid out all of the plates, cutlery, tea pot and so forth.

The one exception was on a cruise through the Panama Canal. We were starting the transit, and apparently a great number of people were ordering room service breakfast that morning. The butler called a few minutes after the meal was scheduled for delivery, apologizing profusely for the delay, and we told him to just leave the tray on the table. So we in effect caused the exception.

There should be a binder with ship information in the room (ie, the room service menu). Did you check in rear pocket of that binder for the breakfast menus?

Once, we moved from an Oceanview to a suite after day 2 of a 5 day cruise because the floor in our room was flooded when we first got onboard. We had our two sons with us, and the suite was so small we could barely walk around in it, but I was excited just to have a suite. Our butler was the same as you described. I really didn't know what to expect or what I could have asked for (we were new to cruising). What we quickly learned was that the butler was outright rude to us without any cause. If I knew then what I know now I would have spoken up. Simple courtesy should be the standard, and on every other cruise, every Celebrity employee has been excellent. I hope the service gets better. It is, after all, what you paid for!

I'm currently in an S1 -- this is my first Celebrity suite experience. Is the butler supposed to set up the dining table for room service? Last night, he basically threw the tray on the table and left. I am used to Holland America where they put out the white tablecloth and set your table. Is this not so on Celebrity? Also, do I ask the butler for the dining room menu?

How is the Butler working out - have things improved?

This is indeed a sad situation. Every time we have been in a suite, we have felt like our butler had no cabins other than ours to look after. In fact, they have been so attentive that we have asked them a few times to lighten up a bit.:) We have always had the table set with white linens for meals in the cabin, and they have always provided cappuccinos, espressos, special appetizers, cheese plates, shrimp cocktails, etc without hesitation and in many cases without our asking. The worst part of every cruise experience is leaving the ship and loosing the wonderful butler service. :D

Archived