do you feel this is being dishonest??

No problem doing what you want. Unless your cruise is capacity controlled there is no problem getting a triple or a quad for two people. We do it all they time, it is a CC myth that Carnival will not allow it.

It would depend on what ship you are on. Some ships do not have a sofa and just have fold downs. You are assigned to a cabin for the number of people you book with. A two person cabin may not have a pull down.

If you do have a cabin for three booked with only two passengers in it you could possibly be moved to another cabin if Carnival needed a three person cabin.

okay. mom and dad (us) would like to book a balcony for this go round. boys (ages 15 and 9) are going as well. my sister is going single, booking with a friend. it is sooo much cheaper to book the boys in the room with her as the 4th and 5th. The 15 year old is looking forward to getting away from us, lol, and will really stay with her. the 9 year old, is still pretty attached to us and may change his mind and want to stay with us, although at this moment he swears he wants aunt sherry.

1)is this being dishonest? if i do book them in with my sister but the young one decides to stay in our room from time to time.

2) can i book a room with an upper if its only me and hubby on booking for that room?

no, but you have to make sure the rooms have the amount of beds you need, are not moved to smaller quarters, and then having any beds extended by your steward, as well as tipping them properly. two rooms may have two different stewards.

There will be plenty of room for kids to crash in your balcony room if they choose. Wouldnt worry about it too much as mostly the time spent in Aunts room would be sleeping. Crowded but sleeping if the kids choose to stay there the whole trip. Sounds very logical to do it the way you are thinking and I would go ahead and not worry about it at all!

OK..I'm confused and understandably.. :confused:

We paid of a 2 person room, how he heck would I know what is available and better suited for us ?

I thought if you paid for a 2 person room, well that was whet you got..:)

BTW: PVP ??:confused:

I was on the Dream last year and booked a family suite (sleeps 5) thru my PVP and it was only me and my husband. I think if you look at the cabin lists and find the cabins that work for your needs. some sleep 2, 3 or 4. And some beds do not convert to sleepers.

I agree with H82 regarding gratuities. You could potentially end up with a different steward. If your children are sleeping in a non-designated room, the different steward would be servicing them. Even if you pay that steward extra, your own steward will be missing out on gratuities from expected passengers. Not a major big deal, but it does affect things. Also, some cruise lines have started to get a little fussy about maintaining proper occupancy levels, especially during busy travel times such as spring break and summer. So even if you choose a room with a higher occupancy level, the ship can move you at their discretion if that room is needed for the proper number of occupants.

Carnival told me this....as i have the same situation....

If you book a cabin that holds more than your party, you can be bumped from that cabin. The aft wraps that hold 3 can only be booked by a part of 3 but other cabins can be booked.

I was able to book a cabin that held more but opted not too (i liked that location better) because they could end up moving us (party of 3) to another cabin if a party of 4 wanted/needed a cabin. I wasn't willing to end up getting stuck next to some lousy location.

The only problem i'd see, is if your room steward is not receiving his tips properly for the third person. If he's doing all of the cleaning in Aunt Sherry's cabin, he should be receiving the tips and/or vice versa. You know, like you have one steward and Aunt Sherry has another steward.

I don't see it as being dishonest. i wanted to book a balcony for dh & i and put the kids (3) across the hall from us (ages 21, 17 & 7) knowing that the 7 yr. old would probably end up with us on the sofa or in bed because the older kids would stay out late.

Either way, i'm booking the same cabins-one balcony and one inside and getting the 3rd pass. discount.

Don't worry about it. It's similar to a family of 4 with kids age <21 and booking 2 cabins. One cabin will be booked with 1 parent and 1 kid, and the other with 1 parent and 1 kid as well coz CCL requires at least 1 pax age >=25. But on the cruise, the parents sleep together. I haven't heard anyone get reprimanded for this cases.

By the way, on our most recent cruise, we had 2 quad cabins and there were only 5 of us (3 pax in 1 cabin and 2 in the other). I knew that there was a possibility that we could be moved and we were okay with that. But they didn't move us.

Added: Forgot to add, you can ask for extra keys at Guest Services if you want your kids to be able to open your cabin.

2) can i book a room with an upper if its only me and hubby on booking for that room?
Actually families move kids arounhd in the rooms all the time.

Just did an exercise on Carnival.Com, I found I could book cabin R98 for 3 passengers for $686.97.

I could book the exact same room (same sailing) for $517.98.

We had a balcony for 2, on the empress deck and our son ,wife and gkids (2) had an interior room for 4, on the Riveria deck. The gkids slept in our room every night, the steward went over and above to accomadate them. We gave him $40 for his troubles, it worked out great no problems :D He even made them their own towel animals every night.

Archived