Sky Television

Ewoodspark

It all depends on what signal the ship will be picking up. You might be very lucky to see the match, but it isn't a given. If you are having a Meet & Greet for your sailing make sure you talk to the Hotel Director and ask if they will be showing the game.

You might be very outnumbered in the sports department, as there are usually lots of Americans wanting to watch basketball.....:D

73 views and only 1 reply. I guess the question was too difficult. I was enquiring about watching Sky in the cabin on the TV. (They do have TV's in the cabin don't they?). I could not think of anything worse than watching basketball in a sports bar with a bunch of Americans

73 views and only 1 reply. I guess the question was too difficult. I was enquiring about watching Sky in the cabin on the TV. (They do have TV's in the cabin don't they?). I could not think of anything worse than watching basketball in a sports bar with a bunch of Americans

You probably won't be able to catch it. The Americans will have majority rule if the ship even had the opportunity to show it. If you're not thrilled about being around Americans in to their sports games I'd think twice about your cruise choice!!

You probably won't be able to catch it. The Americans will have majority rule if the ship even had the opportunity to show it. If you're not thrilled about being around Americans in to their sports games I'd think twice about your cruise choice!!

I am not too sure exactly why you say Americans would have a majority rule. Do they control which TV channels are broadcast onto the TV's inside the cabins.? I would never wish to join in with any coverage of daft sports like basketball or American football in any sports bar. I am talking about English football, a proper sport.

I am not too sure exactly why you say Americans would have a majority rule. Do they control which TV channels are broadcast onto the TV's inside the cabins.? I would never wish to join in with any coverage of daft sports like basketball or American football in any sports bar. I am talking about English football, a proper sport.

Do you mean the corrupt FIFA proper sport?

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/7445690/fifa-pledges-protect-match-fixing-witnesses

If you really want to see the game buy some tickets:D

Do you mean the corrupt FIFA proper sport?

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/7445690/fifa-pledges-protect-match-fixing-witnesses

If you really want to see the game buy some tickets:D

I am not too sure why you bring up a story of F.I.F.A regarding protecting witnesses.The game in England is controlled by the Football Association of which I am a shareholder. Also, it is very difficult to actually watch the game when it is at the Reebok and I am in the Caribbean. Are you trying to actually make a point or answer the question about Sky coverage on the Pearl or just being obnoxious.?

I am not too sure why you bring up a story of F.I.F.A regarding protecting witnesses.The game in England is controlled by the Football Association of which I am a shareholder. Also, it is very difficult to actually watch the game when it is at the Reebok and I am in the Caribbean. Are you trying to actually make a point or answer the question about Sky coverage on the Pearl or just being obnoxious.?

With my experience crusing on NCL don't count on watching anything on the telly. Their channel selections are very limited.

If the game is so important to witness, then you could re-schedule your cruise during Cricket season.

Me obnoxious?...maybe. Stuffy...no:p

With my experience crusing on NCL don't count on watching anything on the telly. Their channel selections are very limited.

If the game is so important to witness, then you could re-schedule your cruise during Cricket season.

Me obnoxious?...maybe. Stuffy...no:p

The cricket season commences in May. I think you will find that this is the time of year when cruise companies tend to avoid the Caribbean

Something worse? Oh yea. The last time I was on the Epic it was a weeks worth of a Caribbean nations cricket tournament. Talk about boring.

Holy heck! How DARE you call any American sport "DAFT"!:mad: Why not just fly you proper British behind to the Caribbean if you don't want to bump elbows with Americans? Anyway, football season is over and you don't have to concern you holier-than-thou self about lowering yourself to watch it!

We will be on the Pearl on Saturday March 24th, when Bolton Wanderers are at home to Blackburn Rovers. Does anybody know if the Pearl has Sky television in order to watch the highlights

The cruise lines don't carry every satellite channel of the world. It is hit and miss with most channels. But they do carry some sports channels which have soccer news and highlights. Whether its Sky I have no clue.

Holy heck! How DARE you call any American sport "DAFT"!:mad: Why not just fly you proper British behind to the Caribbean if you don't want to bump elbows with Americans? Anyway, football season is over and you don't have to concern you holier-than-thou self about lowering yourself to watch it!

College football season is over but we still have the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl. I'll be watching some football playoffs on the Epic this weekend and I'll be glad to buy our British cousins some beer as we debate the merits of rugby versus Yank football. :D

What do you mean "Football season is over"? It is only January and exactly half way through the season. 20 games played. We are flying by the way to the Caribbean. Calm down dear. Don't get so excited.

"I am not too sure exactly why you say Americans would have a majority rule. Do they control which TV channels are broadcast onto the TV's inside the cabins.? "

As a matter of fact, yes, we do.

Thanks for your useful answer. Perhaps you may like to actually answer the original question which was "We will be on the Pearl on Saturday March 24th, when Bolton Wanderers are at home to Blackburn Rovers. Does anybody know if the Pearl has Sky television in order to watch the highlights". If that is too difficult to answer, please advise.

What do you mean "Football season is over"? It is only January and exactly half way through the season. 20 games played. We are flying by the way to the Caribbean. Calm down dear. Don't get so excited.

OK- perhaps I was wrong about football season...I don't watch football.:o But I don't begrudge those that do! And please, don't be so condescending....I am not your "dear"! And no need to tell me to calm down as I am very calm. Just pointing out the fact that just because something happens in the world that you don't like or appreciate, others may enjoy or even appreciate it.

OK- perhaps I was wrong about football season...I don't watch football.:o But I don't begrudge those that do! And please, don't be so condescending....I am not your "dear"! And no need to tell me to calm down as I am very calm. Just pointing out the fact that just because something happens in the world that you don't like or appreciate, others may enjoy or even appreciate it.

I will repeat the original question. "We will be on the Pearl on Saturday March 24th, when Bolton Wanderers are at home to Blackburn Rovers. Does anybody know if the Pearl has Sky television in order to watch the highlights " Thanks for your answer, but does it answer my question? I cannot understand your comments about "others may enjoy or appreciate"

You may not like the responses, but your question has been answered. If you are having difficulty in comprehending these responses, then abandon the thread and bring a book along on your cruise. Perhaps one with pictures.

Thanks for your answer but unfortunately nobody has actually answered my question as to if Sky Sports is broadcast into the TV cabin on board the Pearl. I can do without your very sarcastic comments. The original question was an open question about Sky Television. If you could unfotunately not answer this simple question, was there a need to respond at all?

It was explained to you that it would depend on the signal the ship receives. Several other posts explained that their experience with this cruise line on either that ship or its sister ships the channel you would like to see was not available. Other posts informed you that while that particular channel was not available, there were news channels were which might provide an update. Another post also tried to diplomatically explain that an American cruise ship sailing from and returning to the American port of Florida during the Spring holiday season probably would not broadcast that channel into the cabins even if they were able to. That prompted yet another sardonic remark from you. Again, your question was answered.

Wow, you're pretty offensive. And I. could care less about any sports viewed on TV. Also nobody will be able to definitively answer your question here. Channel lineups can and do change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Archived