What Helicopter Tour in What Port?

ilsteelergrl

Kauai and/or the big Island for volcano.

All comes down to what you most want to see.

This is one of my must do"s on our list. I just wanted some insight on what other cruisers who have done the Helicopter Tours before. Oh, We will be on POA May 11th-18th 2013

Kauai is very unique as is the big island for volcanoes. My SO complained orginally about the sky high price, afterwards never heard a peep :D

As to doors off, I think a gimick unless you are very very serious about photos and just can't have glare.

Thank You! I will have too look into Jack Harter, the open door sounds fun:D

The more pictures I look at I think Kauai would be a beautiful Helicopter Ride and great way too end our trip

Having done the doors off with people who did doors on in Alaska, I can tell you that they thought the experience was different, and a little more scary but they enjoyed it too. This is our only experience so we had nothing to compare it with but I loved the feel of the wind and spriizing of the rain on my face. I felt like I was a little more one with nature. I was in the middle between my husband and the pilot which made me feel a little safer, as I am not fond of heights. My pictures were a little less centered than if I would have been by the window. My husband's are better, but I had the better camera. However, after awhile you just realize the point is the trip and to experience it.

IMG_1894.jpg.3aada26f679b788cb121547be43204db.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg.f54f6d434ac9a43018c5b94bf70ccbbb.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg.d65d650ea65ff939a7721daeb7118bad.jpg

There is a lot more info if you do search of Jack Harter and a lot of opinions. When we booked our trip, there was a pilot who had just gotten back and researched all the different options and picked Jack Harter. He gave his reasons, and they were convincing to me at the time, so I booked ouur trip 8 months ahead. Good luck making the decision. No matter who you choose, I am sure you will treasure the memories.

FWIW with doors on on Blue Hawiaan :D

Having done the doors off with people who did doors on in Alaska, I can tell you that they thought the experience was different, and a little more scary but they enjoyed it too. This is our only experience so we had nothing to compare it with but I loved the feel of the wind and spriizing of the rain on my face. I felt like I was a little more one with nature. I was in the middle between my husband and the pilot which made me feel a little safer, as I am not fond of heights. My pictures were a little less centered than if I would have been by the window. My husband's are better, but I had the better camera. However, after awhile you just realize the point is the trip and to experience it.

243942726_500_HeliTourJurrasicFalls.jpg.3bbd4887237de275c1a8d10145653bb5.jpg

721759583_510_HeliTourWaimeaCanyon.jpg.8fa3354a8d342da6929f1577114b608c.jpg

1288532810_525_HeliTourNapaliCoast.jpg.ccd98f1a2fc273ed6e2c85c6a46c55d6.jpg

636669551_530_HeliTourHanalei.jpg.de68bb70bd0ad2582f2c2b099643b1e4.jpg

1119871890_540_HeliTourMtWaialeale.jpg.0fa6b8ade7380e907ead2d6c9336553a.jpg

Helicopter tours are a must at least once! Yes they can be expensive, but there is so much of the islands, especially Kaui that you don't see from the ground. We flew with Blue Hawaii and the pilots were funny and informative. They also offer a video of your flight for $29.99 which I bought and have enjoyed them. We did the Sky trek to Hana/road tour, flew to Hana, then had a very nice van ride down the Hana road. Our second flight was in Kaui and there's a reason it's called the garden island..breathtaking views. If you do one expensive tour, make sure it's a helicopter tour..have fun!

Archived