Pier for Legend-1/15/2012

PJG061073

When you pull through to drop off baggage you just tell the porter which ship you're cruising from. Tampa port is actually kind of small - usually two cruise ships in at a time. Difficult to get confused.

There are signs everywhere and they check your tickets. I doubt you'll end up on the Norwegian ship with a Carnival ticket.

Port of Tampa is very small, and very simple to navigate. There will only be one Carnival ship in port on Sunday when you sail, and most likely only one ship at the port, period. The luggage drop off is right in front of the ship, so watch for the Sheriffs Deputy to direct you into the drop off area, and from there, just ask the porter for directions for where you can park your vehicle, or better yet, pay the extra few dollars, for valet service, and they'll park your car for you! If you're not driving your own vehicle, it's even easier! ;) You'll see a man, or lady checking documents to let you into the terminal, and from there it's a "piece of cake" to finish embarkation, and get aboard the ship...

Have a GREAT cruise, on a fantastic ship,,,Carnival "Legend".

"SKY"

When you pull through to drop off baggage you just tell the porter which ship you're cruising from. Tampa port is actually kind of small - usually two cruise ships in at a time. Difficult to get confused.

There are signs everywhere and they check your tickets. I doubt you'll end up on the Norwegian ship with a Carnival ticket.

:)

Thanks...Good to know I won't be overwhelmed with 6 carnival ships.

BTW: How early can we chk in?..

Again thx..

:)

Thanks...Good to know I won't be overwhelmed with 6 carnival ships.

BTW: How early can we chk in?..

Again thx..

I think early check in on the legend is 10:30 but they usually don't start boarding the ship until 11:30. You want to be there before the rush happens around noon though because there will be a long line and people everywhere.

We've arrived around 11-11:30 and haven't had too much of a problem going through security. Last time we got there and after getting our S&S card we were promptly allowed to board the ship.

There are only three terminals at Tampa. The Carnival one is the one on the other side of the Aquarium. You need to go around the circle where the pier parking garage is so you won't have a hard time finding the garage after drop off.

When you enter the garage, you will be asked what ship you are on. You pay upon entering and will be given a placard for your car dashboard and be told what the designated parking area is for that cruise.

It will take you about 5 minutes to walk back from the parking garage to the pier.

Archived